trade 600 for 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade 600 for 500

I have a 600cfm Edelbrock carb on my 259 (was on car when i bought it) and it runs well but runs rich, anyone havea 1404 (500cfm) Edelbrock to trade.
    Car is available to drive if anyone wants to drive it first. My car is an automatic trans.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Couple of carb thoughts...
    Running 'rich' is not a cfm issue, it is a jetting issue.
    Have you re-jetted (primary), changed metering rods/jets (secondary), or metering rod springs (secondary)?
    You may well be able to make that carb work just fine without just 'changing it out'.
    While there is the issue of 'too much air too soon' off idle hesitation, this carb [u]can</u> be leaned down to get your air/fuel ratio into the range it needs to be in.
    They built these carbs to fit a bunch of different applications, and here in Studeworld, we live in a very small neighborhood that basically has only two or three houses on the block.
    I would try and find someone with a 'Strip Kit', and spend some time downloading, and reading the Edelbrock tuning manual available for free at:

But, if you have already done this, then a donor carb might be a good idea...
    HTIH
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

I have a 600cfm Edelbrock carb on my 259 (was on car when i bought it) and it runs well but runs rich, anyone havea 1404 (500cfm) Edelbrock to trade.

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
    X