Another 57 Packard Clipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 57 Packard Clipper

This one surfaced saying very restorable with 2 engines and rechromed parts.

Unfortunately it's a parts car that was very nice until it was put outside in the blackberry patch for too many years. The floors were rusted through along with other issues.

It was supercharged with 3 spd Overdrive, but trans is gone and 2 loose engines buried in 2 buildings are not supercharged.

Although the bumpers were rechromed, after retreiving them from sitting in a barn rafter for many years, their not show quality either, but decent condition.

The good news came when I found 2 sets of tail lights and several sets of nos lenses along with all the stainless trim in great condition!
    Then when I opened the trunk was the best suprise. The trunk stayed dry and had original trunk mounted Packard Air Conditioning System! Cool!

A nice windshield, grill, and almost all the good parts were all parts needed for a great restoration of our other car.
    After getting this Saturday, we had to turn around a bring a Zip Van from another barn Sunday.

James

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

The house looks just like the car!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

The house looks just like the car!

Leonard Shepherd
      Leonard is chomping at the bit to get a contract to redo the house![] (Think you could get it whipped into saleable condition for maybe $6,000-$,8000, Leonard?)[:0][8][}][xx(]

Boy, what a rare '57: Overdrive and air conditioning. Talk about one of a handful...or maybe one-of-one! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Leonard is chomping at the bit to get a contract to redo the house!
        You are right Bob, I fixed up a similar house in the 70s.

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

'Just funnin' ya, Leonard...and I recognize your 1968 Chevy pickup, too, right? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:'Just funnin' ya, Leonard...and I recognize your 1968 Chevy pickup, too, right? BP
            Boy, I thought you knew Chevys...its a 70. [}]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Ya' got me, Leonard; I was zeroing in on the side marker light to distinquish it from a '67![}] BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut

Then when I opened the trunk was the best suprise. The trunk stayed dry and had original trunk mounted Packard Air Conditioning System! Cool!

Good pun, James

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'd love that air unit for my Commander![]

Charles Eck
                  Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan
                  '66 Ford F-250
                  '66 Ford F-100
                  '53 John Deere 50
                  '41 John Deere H All-Fuel
                  '41 John Deere B All-Fuel

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Fantastic find! Too bad the tranny was gone. One of those super-rare car T-85s.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mausersmth

I'd love that air unit for my Commander! [] Charles
                      Get in line~ behind those who are already in it...
                      [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeDave57Get in line~ behind those who are already in it...
                        [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                        Guess my trunk unit will have to come from Vintage Air! At least I'll still be cool![8D]

Charles Eck
                        Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan
                        '66 Ford F-250
                        '66 Ford F-100
                        '53 John Deere 50
                        '41 John Deere H All-Fuel
                        '41 John Deere B All-Fuel

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Working...
                        X