Looking for Red ball logo pinback, circa 1930's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Red ball logo pinback, circa 1930's

I am currently looking for an original Studebaker red ball logo pinback, circa 1930's. I currently have one, and used to wear it everywhere. I would pin it to my coat, my hat, my dress suit. I wore it to weddings, funerals, and everywhere in-between. I liked it because it was small, yet distinct. Any Stude guy would recognize it from a decent distance, and it wasn't too flashy, like the lazy S's red white and blue.

Then I made the mistake of pinning it to my lapel on my jean jacket last fall. I took the jacket off and tied it around my waist, because it was hot. I then took a ride in a small zoo-type train. I accidentally sat on it, with one of the metal buttons sitting over it. Needless to say, it got scratched up horribly, much to my disappointment.

I want an original because I love antiques, and the newer ones do not do it for me.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or have one they would like to sell for a decent price, I would be grateful!
    I have looked on ebay for months and have come up short. Thanks!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. I can't wait till the salt is off the roads!!

If you only want one for wearing I'd suggest ordering a 5 year Red Ball service pin from the museum store . The 5 year pins is about the cheapest one out there and they are common. You can call them direct or order one on their website

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I can see the logic in getting something more common for wearing on a daily basis, as I almost lost mine a few times[:0]. I will probably go this route. However, I still would like to find an original to replace the one that I screwed up. Currently, it is sitting on my desk, staring at me with its damaged face[xx(]. I am always telling myself "I need to get another one of those." The first one that I purchased was at an antique show full of traveling vendors, of which I will probably never see that guy again. (he only had the one pinback anyway)

So, the search is still on to those out there who know where I might find one Thanks!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. I can't wait till the salt is off the roads!!

Comment

I have a collection, but I am not sure I want to get rid of them.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That is a sweet collection! And I do not blame you for not wanting to break it up!

BTW...still looking[8)] Just thought I would bump this up for the weekend

Comment

nathan,

I am sure i have seen your sig image before, but I just now noticed the dead AND lazy S combined into one! sweet!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
            53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
            X