Studebakers in Hot Rod Deluxe Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in Hot Rod Deluxe Magazine

David Freiburger has an article in the May 2009 issue of Hot Rod Deluxe about cars that ran in the NHRA and AHRA gasser wars of the 1960's. One of his criteria for these pictures was that the cars had to be actually running in those gas classes back in the day.

There are three Studebakers and one Packard among the pictures on pages 56 - 61. Lots of other really cool cars as well.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser

I bought my Lark from Feiburger. He wanted to turn it into a gasser. I'm glad I got it instead
    1960 Lark 2 door sedan \"Ethel\"

Comment

I just love that picture of the lark (flinstone flyer). Paul

50 champion 2dr sedan
      sigpic
      1950 Champion
      9G F3

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mahseer

I bought my Lark from Feiburger. He wanted to turn it into a gasser. I'm glad I got it instead
        While a it wouldn't be particularly good as a daily driver, there is something about tha gasser style that I think is really cool. Larks look good that way, but so do the 40 and 41 Champion coupes.

I often wondered who got David's Lark, there was a lot of discussion on what was then CarJunkieTV.com about what should go under the hood. Everything from a Hemi to an R2 Stude was mentioned. Of course when CarJunkie went under he had to sell off some of his stuff,including his Lark. By-the-way. David is back at Hot Rod and I assume it will go back to being the kind of magazine it was when he was in the drivers seat a few years ago.

I'd like to see what you do with the Lark. I am glad a Studebaker person got it.

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

It's a sweet little car. It needs a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying doing it. The best thing about it is that it is really, really original. It has several chalk marks which I believe are from the factory. That's a lot better than some poor car that everyone has screwing up for 50 years. All that it is missing is an armrest and the RF fender trim. I'll try to get some pix up soon. -jason

Comment

Did you get those door panel off? Mahseer

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the process of fabricating new ones from scratch. I know you can buy them, but with 4 kids and a California mortgage, I don't have lot of money to throw around. Basically I'm doing everything as cheaply as possible, rebuilding brakes etc. Luckily, I have access to a bead blaster at my job. I think I'm gonna have to learn body and paint work too

Comment

Working...
              X