This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotsman Dash

School is out for the holidays and I had some time today so I got my dash pad on the Scotsman this evening. The pad came out of a rusty '57 Transtar cab that's in out junkyard. It was pretty dry rotted and sun faded. I took some Gojo hand cleaner and rubbed it in all over it and it looks nearly new now. [8D] Aside from cleaning up a bit and fastening in the windshield surround, it looks pretty good, IMO! It certainly does help the looks of the Scotsman's stark interior. I just need something to fill in the gap in the middle. [?]
    BTW, the radio delete plate is covering a hole that had a cassette player in it, and the sheet metal on the door is covering a hole where a speaker was. [}] [V]

Keep in mind that this is no show truck. But it is driven on a daily basis. [^] And I know I need to paint the dash, but... (Well the whole truck needs painting really. [)])

The stainless trim is the rear door trim from a '63 Cruiser. Cut down to fit, of course.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Matt; ya gotta get some of the Stude. vendor's "Studebaker" pedal pads! [^] We can't have you driving that thing around with F**d pedals on it! [xx(] Rich.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Matt; ya gotta get some of the Stude. vendor's "Studebaker" pedal pads! [^] We can't have you driving that thing around with F**d pedals on it! [xx(] Rich.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I thought they were the correct ones. [8]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I thought they were the correct ones. [8]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

They look like the same pads as are on my 42 Champ.
            Klif

55 Speedster
            42 Champ Coupe
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

They look like the same pads as are on my 42 Champ.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              42 Champ Coupe
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

quote: Matt; ya gotta get some of the Stude. vendor's "Studebaker" pedal pads! We can't have you driving that thing around with F**d pedals on it! Rich.
                They do sort of look like Ford pedal pads. I had to lighten the photo of your truck to see. The red car is a 47 Ford, and the last pedals are on my 52 Commander. But if they do the job...

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: Matt; ya gotta get some of the Stude. vendor's "Studebaker" pedal pads! We can't have you driving that thing around with F**d pedals on it! Rich.
                  They do sort of look like Ford pedal pads. I had to lighten the photo of your truck to see. The red car is a 47 Ford, and the last pedals are on my 52 Commander. But if they do the job...

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Also I see that you must live in the South, where people leave the key in the ignition or in the ash tray next to the ignition!

Comment

Also I see that you must live in the South, where people leave the key in the ignition or in the ash tray next to the ignition!

Comment

quote:Also I see that you must live in the South, where people leave the key in the ignition or in the ash tray next to the ignition!
                        Actually those keys in the ash tray are to the shop. I only takes the keys from the ingition at night. Around here, it'd be a little tough to steal an orange Studebaker.

BTW, my grandad said that the pedals came from one of the Stude venders, either SI or Steven Allens. Hmm...

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:Also I see that you must live in the South, where people leave the key in the ignition or in the ash tray next to the ignition!
                          Actually those keys in the ash tray are to the shop. I only takes the keys from the ingition at night. Around here, it'd be a little tough to steal an orange Studebaker.

BTW, my grandad said that the pedals came from one of the Stude venders, either SI or Steven Allens. Hmm...

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                          X