Hawk trunk carpeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk trunk carpeting

There is a Silver Hawk on ebay (#180341324381) that looks like it has carpeting in the whole trunk compartment.

I like the looks of it, and was wondering if anyone knows if this can be bought anyhwere. It may be custom made, but if it is available, I'd like to get a set for my car.

Any upholsterer can do trunks. We are having it put in Blue. I think that is a neater job than most that I have seen. Gotta make sure your trunk seals good to put carpet in retains moisture. Leads to more trunk rot. We actually use water to wash our cars so they can't leak. Or at least we track the leaks down.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Amen, Anne. There is no faster way to rust out a trunk floor than carpeting it. Not only does it hold moisture, it traps the moisture underneath the carpet. And if you use padding of any type, it is like a sponge, and hold the moisture next to the metal. Good seals and good ventilation. This keeps the rust worms at bay.

Comment

I bought a new trunk seal at York, that will be put in once the car is painted. Also, I just POR-15'd and painted my entire trunk, so I'm hoping any moisture wont affect anything. Car wont intentionally be driven in the rain.

Shouldnt that be enough?

Comment

Nope, it'll rust. I've seldom seen a trunk that would stay bone dry enough for carpets.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
          X