Oil Gauge Malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Gauge Malfunction

The oil gauge on my 84 Avanti is stuck at 40 lb,bothc when the engine is running and turned off............................i am not sure if it is the gauge,the sender or the wiring.Has anyone had any experience on how to test this.If it is the gauge are they still available and if so where? Any help would be appreciated RJM

Ray Martin

The small oil line from the engine to the gauge maybe blocked.
    Take the oil line of the back of your gauge and see if it come down (messy job).
    The rubber line between the copper line and the block is prone to failure.
    These should be replaced with a new fresh rubber one.
    Gauges are available from Nostalgic http://www.avantiparts.net/.

Comment

I'd just like to add that my dad blew a nice motor because the rubber oil line failed and there is no alarm to really alert you to the problem. By the time he pulled over on the highway, the motor had to be rebuilt. It was done, and the engins runs well now.

Comment

Thanks,this engine does not have an oil line connecting the engine to the gauge,ity has an electric sender with wiring to the gauge,thanks for the info on where you can buy a new gauge

Ray Martin

Comment

On my anti-vapor-lock mod I put onto Studes I tap a pressure switch into the oil system and power the electric fuel pump thru that switch. Then If you lose oil pressure FOR ANY REASON the fuel pump and the engine quit running. Of course I never use the old mechanical pumps in that system.
          REgards
          Ken Michael

Comment

Working...
          X