Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this- a "token"?

That's what the seller calls it:

It's a neat story of how he came across it... I picture him roaming the factory grounds in SB with a metal detector...

I wonder what desirable treasures are forever buried beneath the surface of all that land...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Studebaker Sheriff. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The Almanac's Studebaker security force article this month makes this rather timely. Interesting item. My TW came very early this month. [^]

Comment

Must have been a very small sheriff.

Comment

I am not familiar with this one. I guess that we need Dick Q. on this item.
          Studebaker Security badges came in different styles over the years and there were normaly two sizes, one for the hat and one for the shirt.
          The later ones said "Plant Protection", as well as "Studebaker" on them. Some early 20th Century ones were like the SDC wheel logo. Maybe this one is from the 19th Century.
          Being a star shape, I ASSUME that it was for security/plant protection, but I could be incorrect on this assumption.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

If it's only the size of a dime, as shown, I wonder if this was meant as a collar or cuff insignia?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

If it's only the size of a dime, as shown, I wonder if this was meant as a collar or cuff insignia?
              That is a good observation and probably a correct assumption.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
              X