Samson and Delihla together again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samson and Delihla together again

Well I'm just flat out tired, I got up at 3:00am and started driving at 4:00am and just now got home. Delihla made a safe journey home. The trip went well. I decided to find a tire shop on the way home, becuase the tires that were on her were absolutely shot. So I stopped into a subway and asked some guy if there was a shop around. He told me where it was at and I went. Come to find out the guy that told me where the tire shop was actually owned the tire shop (how coincedental). The old tires had red rubber inside them, I never seen that before. Anyhow while they had the car jacked up I took a better look at the floor pans, and they looked very solid I didn't even see a single hole[]. I think when the scrap guy told me they were shot he was feeling the dry rotted carpet and padding. There was a thick coat of undercoating on there so I will investigate further, I'll pull the carpeting up tomarrow to see for sure. So Delihla got 4 new to her tires for free, becuase she was such a big hit with the shop owner (he showed up there after his lunch). So now I will be able to roll her off in the morning.

I will post a few pix in the am, I stopped and gave her a bath at a car was so she looks a little better.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Great! When you unload it, roll it up in front of the first bay; it's all cleared out for her.

You ARE coming to my place to drop it off, right??[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

how in the heck do you get the tailgate open? I have a big round disk about 5" in diamiter, with a key hole in the center. I have two key's that fit, but nothing happens. Also it don't look like the gate can open un less the window goes down alittle. Is it supposed to open with just the key? i seen another members had a crank but mine does not.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

That's a power window; you do have a battery in, right?

There should also be a switch on the lower dash to the left of the steering column.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

You've probably got an electric window, John.

Stick a battery in the car and then try the key in the back. If nothing happens, the motor may be bad.

When you roll the rear window down, the handle is on the upper-inside portion of the tailgate. Pull the handle and the tailgate opens. Be sure to grease the outside hinges too.

Here's the handle.

Just for grins... Typical day at the Burnette household.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Are you kiding me, I had nooo idea that was a power window, SWEEEET! I'll put a battery in in the morning, it's a good thing I grabbed those key's we weren't sure they were for that car, and they did not fit the ignition.

John

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Working...
            X