Dealer information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer information

I have a 1960 Hawk that was shipped to Huron S Dak on 5/18/60 from South Bend. But on the Passenger Car Production Order - Final Assembly Line form W 704, it does not list a dealer or individual. Simply under destination it says: Huron S Dakota. I have been told there was a Studebaker dealer in Huron S Dakota back then called Anderson Motors owned by Ernie Anderson. Of course they are no longer around so my traceing of this car history stops there for it's first 40 years. I can trace back to year 2000 but that is it. I emailed the state department of motor Vehicles in Pierre S Dak providing every bit of information I could find about this car including all numbers etc. I received a reply as follows: Do to the Federal Privacy and Protection Act, this information cannot be provided to you. So I cannot determine who the first owner or owners of 40 years were. I don't know if Anderson Motors or an individual received this car when it was shipped to Huron. Any ideas what to do next?

But under the Federal Freedom of Information Act...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

But under the Federal Freedom of Information Act...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

Comment

Thanks for getting back with me Tom. But I don't understand your reply. What am I missing here? Can you be a little more specific?

Thanks - Jim

Comment

I think Tom's makin' a funny.[)]
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jim, for another fee, I think you can have someone there in South bend pull the purchase card (not sure of the proper card name) for your car if it is extant. I was fortunate enough to have a friend and SDC forum member pull my card in South Bend and found the name and address of whom bought it back in 1960. It was ordered in 1959, but not delivered until later. This differed from the story I got when I bought the car and did some title history on it, so it's good to at least get the first owner's name. I hope that helps and if someone on the forum in South Bend has better information, perhaps they can add some facts to help further your search.

Comment

I can verify that Anderson Motors was the Stude dealer in Huron. He was open and selling parts through at least the mid 70's. The building he was in is now the A and W drive-in on the south end of town on Dakota Avenue.

I've had the same problem trying to get owner info on a truck I once owned here in Wyoming because of the privacy laws. The South Bend route as mentioned before may be the best way to procede.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Laura Bowman

You will need to fill out the "Driver's Privacy and Protection Act" that you can get from our website: www.state.sd.us/drr2/motorvehicle/forms.htm
                There is a $5.00 fee and your signature must be notarized.

Laura.Bowman@state.sd.us
                Jim, here is the information you needed.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Thanks Tom for the information. I will begin my search today -- Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X