Hawk arm rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk arm rest

Hi- I'm looking for a couple of the flat pieces that fit where you're fingers go - these are off a Hawk and the covers are gold. The main arm rest pieces are fine.

Alternately, has anyone welded this type of plastic? Two of the inserts broke in half- I was wondering about melting them together with a soldering iron and then sanding them down. Can you make the repair disappear, like metal welding?

Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

I haven't had any luck melting plastic together, but other people might have. What does look promising to me, but haven't tried yet,is a plastic welder. It is made to "weld" plastic together, and you can get it a harbor frieght, and I think from eastwood, but don't remember. Good luck with your project,

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gallivan

Hi- I'm looking for a couple of the flat pieces that fit where you're fingers go - these are off a Hawk and the covers are gold. The main arm rest pieces are fine.

Alternately, has anyone welded this type of plastic? Two of the inserts broke in half- I was wondering about melting them together with a soldering iron and then sanding them down. Can you make the repair disappear, like metal welding?

I have two NOS parts in gold, not sure if they are a pair or just one side.

Gallivan
      57 Golden Hawk
      Golden, CO
      JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Hi John- my email contact on the Forum is no longer valid, and I can't update it but my new one is
        mikeg4@q.com
        Let me know if you'd like to sell them and how much.
        Thanks

Gallivan
        57 Golden Hawk
        Golden, CO
        Gallivan
        57 Golden Hawk
        Golden, CO

Comment

I have used plastic bumper repair kits from the auto paint stores. It is what body shops use to repair rubber/plastic bumpers. It is a two part epoxy looking product and comes in rigid or flexable , made by 3m. It is expensive, about $40.00 a kit. It mixes up and applied like bondo and sands the same. Don't know if this helps but I thought I'd trow it out there. Also one kit will do 100's of those tabs. Good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Working...
          X