Ute, just watched the repeat airing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ute, just watched the repeat airing

Thanks to the DVR I watched the march 20th 2:30am central show.

Show centered around the building (assembling in my view) of the Hot Rod magazine car. The Ute can be seen 2 times (very short) before its feature in the middle of the show.

They did get Lee's last name wrong but the on screen script had it correct, [^]

Dick: you looked proud, and your excitement came through, and no the camera didn't make you look 10 lbs heavier

And Lee just from the short bit the show played you can tell he's a hoot. He corrected the (producer?) that he didn't build the car for the 59 show, he built it to haul TRASH. [)]

Producing comments: While I would have took the angle of the Ute being at the first GNRS and it being brought back 60 years later, Since it was the reason they were at the GNRS anniversary, it appeared Hot Rod tried to go the angle of friendships and people getting back together. Both are good stories, its just harder to express old memories in a minutes airtime.

All in all, its great to see the Ute, Dick, and Lee on the show, being interviewed.

ChopStu
    61 Lark

sigpic

Thanks, Kevin. I missed it again . It's not scheduled again at least through April.

If anybody can produce a DVD from their DVR or TiVo of the show I'd appreciate it.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I saved it, maybe it's possible (if someone knows how.) I could try and burn a DVD copy.

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X