Wheels that won the west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels that won the west

In another post there is a story about Studebaker wagons.
    As a side bar check out this site.

I think this has been posted before but here is a link to a neat site with a pretty neat poster.

Profiling America's first transportation industry, Wheels That Won The West® media highlights rare details and insights into the wheels that built the West.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Thanks Gary, interesting site. I clicked on the "Gallery" tab and then "Legacy" to see the Studebaker Wagons. Since I have not made a trip to the Studebaker Museum yet, I did not know about the "Aluminum" wagon at the Museum until visiting this website.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There used to be a museum in Old Town San Diego that had some Studebaker wagons and in the back they had the 20 mule team wagon. It has been years since I have been there it probably is gone by now. There is wagon museum in the Ft. Worth, Texas old stock yards that has a fancy Studebaker wagon. It even has a clock and foot warmers. They also have a Elkhart Wagon. I was wondering if was made in Indiana.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
      Middle Tennessee 37th Annual Car Show April 4 2009

Comment

That Stude Mule Team wagon is still on display in San Diego, Carl - I saw it last year in the Wells Fargo office.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X