Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAR DOOR PILLAR

HELP!

I'm restoring a '64 Daytona 4-door. The rear door pillars are rusted out from top to bottom, plus the front half of the inner wheelhouse. I have lead on one local car (Manitoba), but if that falls through would anyone have a parts car that they could cut these parts out? I will need both sides.

Thanks

T-cab

I would save the good parts: Suspension, Engine, Trans, Rear Axle if they are good, and put them in a solid car. If it is that far gone, other parts must be right behind, better to replace the Body with a solid one.
    Any chance you may be headed this way, to the Coast in B.C. anytime soon with a Truck and trailer?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have the perfect 66 cruiser body with o rust and you can eat off the floors, no engine ,trans, seats, door panels, has power steering, power disk brakes, flanged axle, near perfect dash, all good glass, perfect grille, stock wheel covers and right wheels and good tires, vinyl roof is bad and there is surface rust,but you will never find a better body than this one . it is in California $1200.00 save you tons of work and money in the long run...Bob Peterson
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

IF anyone offers up a donor body,I need the drivers side front door pillar as far up the firewall as you can go THANKS

Comment

Thanks for the offer on another body. The car was bought new by my father, that is why we are rebuilding it. We have completed the frame (cut off the entire bottom plate and welded on a new 12 gauge plate), new floor braces, front firewall area, new floor pans and and working on the trunk. All of those areas could be easily fabricated. Its the damm rear pillars! There are not many rust free parts cars in Manitoba. Have one lead which I hope will work out. The bottom of it's door pillars are rusted, but at least the upper 3/4 is solid.

T-Cab

Comment

quote:Originally posted by T-CAB

Thanks for the offer on another body. The car was bought new by my father, that is why we are rebuilding it. We have completed the frame (cut off the entire bottom plate and welded on a new 12 gauge plate), new floor braces, front firewall area, new floor pans and and working on the trunk. All of those areas could be easily fabricated. Its the damm rear pillars! There are not many rust free parts cars in Manitoba. Have one lead which I hope will work out. The bottom of it's door pillars are rusted, but at least the upper 3/4 is solid.

T-Cab
            T-Cab, please send me an e-mail. The Foothills Chapter, based in Calgary, has some parts cars in storage. I kinda doubt any of them could be considered "rust free", but you never know, might get lucky with the doglegs (as that area is informally known). I also know some other folks here in Alberta who may have suitable parts cars. The only late 4-door in my possession is a '64 Cruiser, and it's too nice to part out. But I do get around a bit, and may be able to find you something. And I do have a trip to SE Saskatchewan on my agenda for Springtime, so I might be able to bring any pieces I find pretty near to your neck of the woods.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
            X