Do these bumpers look like '49?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these bumpers look like '49?

I thot the '49-'50 Commanders were the same. Not familiar with the grille. Is this '48 or '49? TIA.

John

John

That is a '48. The bumpers wrap around the corners of the body on '49 & '50 Commanders. Also, the '49's have a chrome piece covering the inner ends of the grille bars.

Terry

Comment

I wrote the guy concerning the differences but no answer, tho when I wrote him earlier about his including the AC unit on the front seat and the afghan on the floor, he said they both go with the car.

John

Comment

Received this e-mail from the person selling the car...

"WOW You are right about 1948 car. My apolages to you. I'm selling car for friend , it was funny cause hes swearing at me telling me its a 1949 its a 1949 as hes looking for pink slip. Calling what is this know it all guy any ways, Then he said grill is chrome , just cant tell in picture. Then he pulls out pink and starts laughing , guess what it is a 1948 and I told him guess he does know it all lol we laughed alot and It was quite a moment lol . So there you have it, its a 48 with chrome grill. picture dont do justice. really need to see in person. I'll post more pics tommorrow night. I told old man I'll br there after work. Then I'll post pics Thank you for bringing this to the owners attention. Steve"

John

Comment

Working...
        X