Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little convertible that would not die

This 60 Lark convertible is back, yet again:

I'm glad about two things: One, I can't see what condition the frame itself is in and Two, it's still starting at a grand, instead of a couple hundred Otherwise, I might be on a road trip to TN for another car I'll never finish[:I]

IMO, this car looks worse than it is. Do the floors and clean it out and it'll look like a whole different car[8D] And me sittin' here with a perfect, rust-free, full floor plan burning a hole in my pocket

Not to mention I could be like Dave Arnold[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I am so so glad this car is far enough away that the shipping stops me from trying to buy it. To me it is a $300-$400 car if it has a title. I am finishing up my wagon and am considering a conv. like this for my next project. The floors look like my wagon did when I started.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Well,,,, I have learned something. I knew that convertible meant it had a top that could be put down to appear as if it had no top. Now I know that "complete missing front seat" means it also has a convertible floor, appearing as if it has no floor at all.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Yea, what they didn't mention is the driver and seat still haven't been found. I guess I will make it offical. I am looking for a conv. I am not sure of the final year Studebaker made them but that is the one I want. 65???. Condition is not a factor. In fact the above is the desirable condition, I like a challange.

Comment

Come on, Ken, you're just the kind of guy that little lady needs... help 'er out

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

/Cut/ I am looking for a conv. I am not sure of the final year Studebaker made them but that is the one I want. 65???.
            I think you will recall Ken, that all of the '65-'66 Canadian Studebakers were no-frill, bread & butter basic Transportation vehicles, no Avantis, no Hawks, no Champs, no Transtars, no Hardtops, no Daytona Sedans, not even any Challengers, no Daytona Wagonaire in '66 and certainly no Convertibles!

The last convertible was the 1964 Daytona, very rare only about 5 months production.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I almost went to look at that car this weekend. Was in TN for a classic car auction...not a single Studebaker.....the little convert has interested me since the first time it was on ebay. I think it can be saved but then I think most of them can be saved....

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

While to some extent, 65 and 66s may have been "no frill, bread and butter basic", they still had the best and most luxurious interiors ever. Regretfully, there was not as much model choice. However, these cars were well built and excellent drivers too.

Paul

Comment

That is entirely true Paul, my son Dave (StudeDave57) has over 280,000 miles on his '65 Cruiser 283 with only the second engine and it's been a great car, no question they were fine cars. As far as I know, Canada has never since, or EVER, had their OWN exclusive car!

But style-wise, sportiness, it sure was limited, all you had was a dressed up to look like a Hardtop "F" Body 2 Dr. Sedan, the Daytona Sport Sedan, that's IT! It was probably a good choice though, because without it, you had NOTHING!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you click on this guys other items, he also has a 64 wagon. I think his prices are high. However, to have as many transactions with a 100 percent positive rating speaks well for him.

John Clary
                    Greer, SC
                    I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
                    SDC member since 1975
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by bams50
                      "This 60 Lark convertible is back, yet again:
                      Not to mention I could be like Dave Arnold"[8D]

Didn't you just see how scary that could be at York, funny man? Picture that car with solid floors and start here..

[img][/img]

Spend a couple hours as a hack..

[img][/img]

..and then figure out how to get a few more points next time out.

[img][/img]

I'm not convinced that one has enough steel to actually weld floors in from the pictures, Bob. Did anyone get the one that was in Turning Wheels last month? That sounded like a better deal. I've been told there are two '60 converts in a barn about two hours away. If that goes for over 1K, I'll get those and try to be just as persistent as that seller. I'm surprised he hasn't described it as "heavily discussed internationally by the the SDC"!

Comment

One thing I've always wondered...

What's the pipe bracing for, behind the grille, on these cars?

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That's to hold those green lights you want, Matthew. Support for the frame and convert body..and to keep the cows from the radiator.

Comment

Barnlark, my wagon floors were that bad. Mathew posted the pics on this forum at one time. Rusted 1/2 way up the tunnel. CE had the first approx 20" and I made the rest. Really alot of fun as long as you have the time to walk away every so often to attend to your cuts. Bam, I really would look at it if it was closer. Have a hard time paying more to ship then it is worth. Also can't believe many car transport companies would haul it. I e-mailed the owner asked about a title and Vin tag. What are the chances.

Comment

Dave- those Before and After pix show why I want to be like you... especially the after![8D]

MY HERO.........[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X