Pic from 20 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic from 20 years ago

I acquired Pete (the Transtar) 20 years ago. He wore a well-worn coat of gray primer and I wore even less. I've gained a few facial wrinkles since that time, but Pete's gotten better with age. I can't remember WHAT became of that hat tho![:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Bob I've still got my hat from 20 years ago. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

LOL! Dave! hmmm...20 years ago? [?] That's only 1989!

You SURE it wasn't 1969 Bob?

And I ain't tellin what year this is:

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

You SURE it wasn't 1969 Bob?

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        hmm, I know the question is about the year, but I'm wondering.....
        sure it is ...... BOB?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I think this post is about 16 days early... []

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

He is right about one thing, That truck does look pretty good.[img][/img][img][/img][img]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oltrknut

He is right about one thing, That truck does look pretty good.
              The operative word there is TRUCK.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                I can't remember WHAT became of that hat tho![:I]
                At LAST! A HAT to go with the BOOTS!!

Craig

Comment

Oh well, at least there is Studebaker content! [}]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                  May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                  http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Mark, I wouldn't have violated the "trust" if there hadn't been a STUDe involved. Pardner.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought the SDC newsgroup had some sort of policy against the posting of obscene images. To whom do I report this obvious violation? If I had known that this type of behavior was permitted I would have posted some of my photos with ladies with their shirts off (and they were even posed with Studebakers!). Maybe we should have a new "adults only" category?

Richard Quinn
                      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I acquired Pete (the Transtar) 20 years ago. He wore a well-worn coat of gray primer and I wore even less. I've gained a few facial wrinkles since that time, but Pete's gotten better with age. I can't remember WHAT became of that hat tho![:I]

EXTREME MAKEOVER: Photoshop Edition!
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The truck or me???[:I]

Actually, that photo was brought to light as a prompt for a writing exercise. The idea being you look at it and create a few paragraphs around it. Here's what I came up with.:

The Stud in the Stude

Rena heard the truck as it slowed to turn onto the ranch's entrance. She leaned the pitchfork against the stall gate and sauntered over to see who it was that was coming up the drive. Expecting a shiny Silverado or F150, she was intrigued by the ancient primer-colored hauler that rumbled up the drive with a shabby-lookin' horse trailer in tow. She recognized neither vehicle and briefly considered that it might be someone looking for directions to wherever it was they were headed.

As the truck turned into the stableyard, Rena could see the name STUDEBAKER across the front of the hood.

"Studebaker?" she thought. "I haven't seen one of those since ol' uncle Albert drove one when I was just a wee thing."

Rena's focus turned to the driver's face. A youngish, square-jawed, bare-torso'd fella was at the wheel and nodded politely as their eyes first met. Pulling to a stop, the throaty growl of the Stude's V8 fell silent
                          "Mornin' mam." came a shout thru the open window.

"Yes it is!" Rena came back. "At least for another hour er so."

The feller pushed the truck door open while at the same time grabbing his shirt from off the seat. By the time he was out of the truck and started to slip his shirt on, Rena was around to the driver's side and got an eyeful of the gent's physique.

Shyly, the young buck slid one arm into a shirt sleeve while at the same time uttering an apology. "Sorry ta be so crude, Mam. My ol' Stude ain't got no are cundishinin', so I drives with muh shirt awf 'n tha winders down."

Rena didn't even know where her reply came from, but she did hear herself say it.... "This ain' no boardroom cowboy. You kin leave that shirt off, lessin' youse feelin' nekkid without it!" She had an ulterior motive that was automatic and carnal in nature.

Randy slammed the truck door shut and leaned down to slap the dust off of his Levis. Rena marvelled at how his biceps tightened and the muscles in his shoulders rippled with each slap. She had a flush of self-conciousness wash thru her as she realized she was fascinated on a purely physical level.

"Uncle Deke says that first impresshuns is averythin, mam. I hope you won' thank less ah me fer showin' up kinda dis-oarderly like this."
                          He stood back up as he said that - tossed the dusty shirt back thru the truck's door window and thrust out a hand for Rena to shake. Gripping Randy's mit, she was impressed that it was more like grasping a bear's paw than holding another human's hand.
                          "Randy's mah name, mam. Randy Sorensen, mam - Deke Sorensen's nephew. 'R you mizz Rena Thompson?"

Still in Randy's grasp (in more ways than he knew!), Rena flusteredly replied: "Uh... yeah, that'd be me. I'm ah, ah, Rena Thompson alright."

"Pleased ta meet ya mizz Rena! Uncle Deke said you was needin' this stud, 'n since he's busy roundin' up steer for next week's rodeo, ah volunteer'd ta drag the stallion on over fer ya."

Rena pulled back a bit and beheld the pillar of testoserone that confronted her.
                          "Randy - I do declare - you coulda jus come by without that animal and fulfilled yur uncle's mission!"

[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1963 Cruiser
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

Comment

My wife wants to know how you changed your eye color (from brown in the 20 years ago pix[?] to blue in '03.[}]

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

She can make that out???[:I]

[img] http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/309061...__n_Stude2.jpg [/img]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1963 Cruiser
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                              X