info card in 41 Champion Glovebox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info card in 41 Champion Glovebox

Dear friends.Our 1941 Champion has an information card inside the glove box door.Their tittle is "Important - Champion - Important" and is printed in red and black. It has a lot of basic info such as oil changes, tire pressure, chassis lubricants etcetera. Our's is in so bad condition that is imposible to rebuilt. (see attached photo)
    I ask if somebody can be son kind to give us the text in this card or better yet, scan one , so we can reproduce it for our car. The card has the code W972 printed in it.
    Our car:

The glove box card:

Thanks in advance .

Studebakerchile

Thats a nice-looking Champion, Ricardo. Nice use of perspective, too. I'm sorry, I just checked and there's nothing listed on the template list under "Tech Tips, Specs, Data" tab on the SDC site. It still might be worth your while to send Dave Mottle an email, maybe he can help. Good Luck! Buena Suerte

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

That looks like the same card thats in the 1942. I sold a 42 to Gary Olson in Fargo, North Dakota with a good card still in the glove box door. Give him a call, maybe he can help.
      I just talked to him about this and Gary said yes.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      63 Avanti R2
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Ricardo, the missing part of that card has a treasure map directing you to Studebaker Wheel's archives of 1941 literature. Put your Indiana Jones hat on and good hunting!

Comment

Richard Quinn, the Turning Wheels Almanac column contributor, AND editor of the Antique Studebaker Club's newsletter, the Review, would be able to help you. He is also the owner of a '41 Champion and has had several prewar Champions over the years.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
          47 M-5
          Izzer Buggy
          Junior Wagon
          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Just so happens that there is one on Ebay now!! Very reliable seller!!

Richard Quinn
            editor: Antique Studebaker Review
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks to all who answered about this query.
              Unfortunately the treasure map indicated by Barnlark has not been found yet but finally Mr Quinn of course , once again has helped us.

I am really grateful to Richard because in the last year he has helped a lot to us with information and my articles for TW

Thanks again

Studebakerchile

Comment

Working...
              X