This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard wagon in shed

I went to an AACA Christmas party last night at the home of a huge collector. He has hundreds of cars including three of Richard Petty's race cars inside his house. Richard Petty was there. His house is packed full of Indian artifacts, Civil War items, car models, real cars, pedal cars arrowheads, etc. If you woul like to view the collection go to:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The most exciting thing to me as I went roaming around in his sheds was this 58 Packard wagon. I told him that I wanted it and he said that when he dies, I can talk to his wife!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

quote:Originally posted by lstude

The most exciting thing to me as I went roaming around in his sheds was this 58 Packard wagon. I told him that I wanted it and he said that when he dies, I can talk to his wife!

Leonard Shepherd
    Leonard, did you at least start flirting with her ?

What a great hot rod that Kaiser Darrin would make. A small block Chevy here, a 700R4 there, billet wheels, [][}][)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
    Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
    LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
      Leonard, did you at least start flirting with her ?

What a great hot rod that Kaiser Darrin would make. A small block Chevy here, a 700R4 there, billet wheels, [][}][)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
      Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
      LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Leonard,

I knew that Hugh had a couple of Petty cars including a Super Bird. I also understand that he has a complete pit box set up too from the Petty's. I have never seen his collection, but several of my buddies at Field Day of the Past have done the tour.

You may know that Petty's daughter is married to Charlie Luck IV. I think they met while he was racing back in the early to mid '80's. I also noticed that you got a shot of Hank in one of the pictures, I guess since he sold his Golden Hawk he can't hang out with the Stude guys.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Leonard,

I knew that Hugh had a couple of Petty cars including a Super Bird. I also understand that he has a complete pit box set up too from the Petty's. I have never seen his collection, but several of my buddies at Field Day of the Past have done the tour.

You may know that Petty's daughter is married to Charlie Luck IV. I think they met while he was racing back in the early to mid '80's. I also noticed that you got a shot of Hank in one of the pictures, I guess since he sold his Golden Hawk he can't hang out with the Stude guys.

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

I used up two batteries on my camera because every photo required a flash. The second battery went dead just as I entered the Petty room. There is loads of stuff around the corner. I have never seen so much Richard Petty stuff. There is another car there also.

It is funny that you recognized the red Palamino. Nobody knew what that was! I am working on Hank's house, so I see himn every day, but I don't think he is going to stay in our club.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I used up two batteries on my camera because every photo required a flash. The second battery went dead just as I entered the Petty room. There is loads of stuff around the corner. I have never seen so much Richard Petty stuff. There is another car there also.

It is funny that you recognized the red Palamino. Nobody knew what that was! I am working on Hank's house, so I see himn every day, but I don't think he is going to stay in our club.

Comment

quote:Leonard, did you at least start flirting with her ?

What a great hot rod that Kaiser Darrin would make.
                Yes, I flirt with all the women, but I had to get in line for her. I think he had told other people the same thing.

I would also like to get that Darrin. It would make a great rod. I don't think he has the windshield. I don't know where you would ever get parts for it. At least it doesn't rust, like the Kaiser 4 door convertible he has. He claims that is a factory prototype.

Comment

quote:Leonard, did you at least start flirting with her ?

What a great hot rod that Kaiser Darrin would make.
                  Yes, I flirt with all the women, but I had to get in line for her. I think he had told other people the same thing.

I would also like to get that Darrin. It would make a great rod. I don't think he has the windshield. I don't know where you would ever get parts for it. At least it doesn't rust, like the Kaiser 4 door convertible he has. He claims that is a factory prototype.

Comment

Leonard,

The topic of Hugh came up at our Christmas party yesterday. It turns out that Debbie Jett goes to church with him and that Frank Drumheller sold him the Fraser 4 door convertible he had after a number of year's of prodding. Apparently Hugh just started peeling off bills and told Frank to stop him when he had his price.

Gary

Comment

Leonard,

The topic of Hugh came up at our Christmas party yesterday. It turns out that Debbie Jett goes to church with him and that Frank Drumheller sold him the Fraser 4 door convertible he had after a number of year's of prodding. Apparently Hugh just started peeling off bills and told Frank to stop him when he had his price.

Gary

Comment

Shame that all those cars obviously just collect dust. Especially the likes of those 30s Packard and Caddy! And yet ANOTHER 58 Packard wagon! Amazing. I've personally seen about 20 of those in the past 30 years. That, in itself, is a pretty good survival rate outta 159 built!

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Shame that all those cars obviously just collect dust. Especially the likes of those 30s Packard and Caddy! And yet ANOTHER 58 Packard wagon! Amazing. I've personally seen about 20 of those in the past 30 years. That, in itself, is a pretty good survival rate outta 159 built!

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[?] [?] [?] THIS WAS POSTED AFTER THE NEXT TWO... [?] [?] [?]

I don't see any links in that post, if you mean yours...
                            Does anyone remember a wagon in these colors that is 'next in line' to be saved? That's about all else I remember about the picture I saved back on the first...
                            I'm too darn young to feel this darn old!!! [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                            V/P San Diego County SDC
                            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                            '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                            '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

[?] [?] [?] THIS WAS POSTED AFTER THE NEXT TWO... [?] [?] [?]

I don't see any links in that post, if you mean yours...
                              Does anyone remember a wagon in these colors that is 'next in line' to be saved? That's about all else I remember about the picture I saved back on the first...
                              I'm too darn young to feel this darn old!!! [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                              V/P San Diego County SDC
                              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                              '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                              '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver