Forum member has cars in auto show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum member has cars in auto show

Forum member George Orphanidys (george O) has his 58 Studebaker 4 wheel drive pickup and his 70 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird and his 66 Plymouth Satellite Hemi in the Virginia Motor Trend International Auto Show.

There were mostly new cars, but there were a few classics.

I hate to hijack my own thread...but I never had seen this, and I hope I will never see it again! It is a Nissan Cube.

Leonard Shepherd

I really like that Satellite!

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I've been meaning to ask George if he's interested in adopting a slow-witted but well-intentioned brother.............

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hate to tell ya Leonard, but the Cube will be in dealerships in the first few weeks of April. My store has 6 on the way.

Comment

Looks like a slightly reduced size 1964 R-Series oval emblem on the front fender of that Nissan. Nice touch.

Comment

Those R series looking ovals on the fenders are the turn signals. They are fairly standard on a number of compact and sport compact cars these days. It looks like the Cube is following in the steps of the xB, Flex, Fit, and Element.
            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I'm glad you showed George's cars before the pic of that Nissan thing...

What a disgrace to our highways. [V]

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That's not a Nissan Thing. Volkswagon had a Thing. That's a Nissan Fugly.[}][}]

Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

That 'Cube' is similar to the Hondas and Toyotas that Christine eats for breakfast...

Comment

I LIKE that shot!!

Jamie McLeod
                    Hope Mills, NC
                    Jamie McLeod
                    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                    1958 Commander "Christine"
                    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                    1955 Commander Sedan
                    1964 Champ
                    1960 Lark

Comment

Looks like something right out of Bedrock...
                      (Betty Rubble would look right at home in it)
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by lstude
                      <snip>
                      I hate to hijack my own thread...but I never had seen this, and I hope I will never see it again! It is a Nissan Cube.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Matthew, don't ever leave a girl alone in that thing...WAIT, that came out wrong..[:0][:I]

Leonard, cool photos and documentation. I had no idea how rare and special that 4x4 is. Love the Satellite.

As for the Cube, I was a fan of the crisp, first-gen model with its asymmetrical wraparound window effect (below). Unfortunately, the U.S. model...with the bulbous, rounded bumpers, it looks like it melted.[xx(]

Andy
                        62 GT

Andy
                        62 GT

Comment

Nobody (as yet) has commented on the great Transtar 4x4 - so I will!! [8D][^][]

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar Deluxe
                          Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                          May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                          </h5>
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

That is Ed Ellis' former '58 truck, Leonard, isn't it?

On another topic, I note the 1970 Plymouth Troubleshooting Contest fender cover on the Superbird. Does anyone know what year was the last year for that contest; when it was discontinued? BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

That is Ed Ellis' former '58 truck, Leonard, isn't it?

On another topic, I note the 1970 Plymouth Troubleshooting Contest fender cover on the Superbird. Does anyone know what year was the last year for that contest; when it was discontinued? BP
                              I recall Chrysler had that contest in 1978 for students in college here. Whether they sponsored a contest later than that, I can't recall.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X