This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Chilean Lark

The photo looks great. I know several 61 Lark owners who would like to find 61 tail lights with or without the blue dots!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

The photo looks great. I know several 61 Lark owners who would like to find 61 tail lights with or without the blue dots!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Happy Chilean Lark

Dear Friends. It was a very special week end for my Lark.
      I just won an e-bay auction, at the last minute fighting with somobody in the USA, so now the original Studebaker- Delco radio is traveling from Maryland to Chile .
      On saturday I finished the adaptation of blue dots for her taillights. An old dream come true. I have not ever seen a Lark with blue dots, that seems specially suited to the 61 taillights design.

For those of you that loves to analyse the photos: please take into consideration that this is a Chilean assembled Lark, using some local made parts, as the legislation asked in order to develop the local industry (the 60's economy school of thinking )

Studebakerchile

Comment

My Lark is a '59 hardtop. Those tail lights look nice. Would probably dress up mine.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My Lark is a '59 hardtop. Those tail lights look nice. Would probably dress up mine.
          Rog

Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Ricardo, that's sharp! Looks like you have a nice Lark!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ricardo, that's sharp! Looks like you have a nice Lark!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you Mr Biggs.

It is really a nice Lark that I love so much and care every day. In exchange she relaxes me and offer protection against the daily stress. But it is far from the extremely good condition shown by the Larks of SDC members as I can see in the photos of Omaha and other events. It must be considered that in Chile we do not have spare parts for Studes at all and that just recently I have discovered the tricks to buy through E-bay. Unfortunately the freight is expensive to my far country.

But I was lucky enogh to discover the old man that was the person in charge of the of the Studebaker service in Chile back in the sixties. He still remember how to maintain a Lark, which has been very good for my car.

Studebakerchile

Comment

Thank you Mr Biggs.

It is really a nice Lark that I love so much and care every day. In exchange she relaxes me and offer protection against the daily stress. But it is far from the extremely good condition shown by the Larks of SDC members as I can see in the photos of Omaha and other events. It must be considered that in Chile we do not have spare parts for Studes at all and that just recently I have discovered the tricks to buy through E-bay. Unfortunately the freight is expensive to my far country.

But I was lucky enogh to discover the old man that was the person in charge of the of the Studebaker service in Chile back in the sixties. He still remember how to maintain a Lark, which has been very good for my car.

Studebakerchile

Comment

Ricardo,
                    Welcome to the forum! Sweet Lark, and I love the venetian blinds in the rear glass.
                    That's also a great website. The slideshow is outstanding. There's much there that we have never seen.
                    Gracias!
                    Is there anything we can do to help keep Studebakers in the heart of the Chilean public, por favor?

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    33 Rockne 10
                    51 Commander Starlight
                    53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ricardo,
                      Welcome to the forum! Sweet Lark, and I love the venetian blinds in the rear glass.
                      That's also a great website. The slideshow is outstanding. There's much there that we have never seen.
                      Gracias!
                      Is there anything we can do to help keep Studebakers in the heart of the Chilean public, por favor?

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      33 Rockne 10
                      51 Commander Starlight
                      53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thank you Brad for your offering. I have recorded on my " mental hard disk"

I have put those venetian blinds , even maintaining their "pastel light bleu colour", contrasting with the body of my car, in order to keep an early 60's flavor, with their wild colour combinations.

In Santiago there are at least three 61 Larks that normally go to all the car shows. The interest about our cars is increasingly every time we show them. We know also from a 62 and a 60 that soon will join.

Also a 50's Commander (In the hands of the first owner) and a 42 (app Champion ) sometimes appear. I am preparing an article for Turning Wheels about our Studes.

Regards

Studebakerchile

Comment

Thank you Brad for your offering. I have recorded on my " mental hard disk"

I have put those venetian blinds , even maintaining their "pastel light bleu colour", contrasting with the body of my car, in order to keep an early 60's flavor, with their wild colour combinations.

In Santiago there are at least three 61 Larks that normally go to all the car shows. The interest about our cars is increasingly every time we show them. We know also from a 62 and a 60 that soon will join.

Also a 50's Commander (In the hands of the first owner) and a 42 (app Champion ) sometimes appear. I am preparing an article for Turning Wheels about our Studes.

Regards

Studebakerchile

Comment

Working...
                          X