they are talking about us!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they are talking about us!!!

A few weeks ago I sent Becky Bonham an email suggesting the SNM invite the Power Tour group to stop at the Museum on their way to the Saint Joseph County Fairgrounds in South Bend. Offer free admission to the participents I suggested,since there would be a very strong possibility the SNM could be wrote about in Hot Rod Magazine. I never got a reply,but I did find this on Freiburgers Junk Yard.! I emailed her this web page. Hope they decide to stop in!

Excellent! "Advertising" outside of SDC is always a good thing in promoting the marque. [^]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Now THAT'S the sort of press Studes need. I've always felt that Zone Meets and National Meets could sometimes be held in concurrence with other Big National Meets. Why not show off our stuff up against the boring Big 3 junk. We would stand out and draw a great new interest in our cars and club. Imagine a National Club Meet at one of the largest Midwest Goodguys car shows. A couple hundred Studes all lined up with a national audience gawking at the beauty and glory of Studebakers, the likes of which most of them have never seen. It would make the national magazines, and hit 20,000 car show attendees right between the eyes.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

You know, a bunch of us could just show up at a Goodguys show. With some banners and grouping, it would draw a crowd, and word travels like wildfire at those shows. Hmm...International Drive Your Studebaker Day coincides with the Goodguys Heartland Show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

DO IT!!!!!! (insert evil laugh here!) Imagine how P.O'ed some of the trophy hounds would be when their mega dollar billet baby is upstaged at a big national event by a Lark or Land Cruiser!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Now THAT'S the sort of press Studes need. I've always felt that Zone Meets and National Meets could sometimes be held in concurrence with other Big National Meets. Why not show off our stuff up against the boring Big 3 junk. We would stand out and draw a great new interest in our cars and club. Imagine a National Club Meet at one of the largest Midwest Goodguys car shows. A couple hundred Studes all lined up with a national audience gawking at the beauty and glory of Studebakers, the likes of which most of them have never seen. It would make the national magazines, and hit 20,000 car show attendees right between the eyes.

sals54
            A couple/few years ago, the SDC Northeast Zone Meet was held on the same grounds as a major Chevrolet meet. It appeared that many more Chevrolet people were coming over to check out the Studebakers than visa-versa.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

DO IT!!!!!! (insert evil laugh here!) Imagine how P.O'ed some of the trophy hounds would be when their mega dollar billet baby is upstaged at a big national event by a Lark or Land Cruiser!
              [}]He He[}]

ChopStu
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54
                Imagine a National Club Meet at one of the largest Midwest Goodguys car shows.
                That's what happened at the International meet in Spokane in '05. The Friday, Saturday, and Sunday following the meet was the GoodGuys event at the fairgrounds in Spokane.

I had always planned to stay an extra day and do Goodguys, and there were several like minded folks at the meet. We talked a few more into hanging around.
                quote:
                A couple hundred Studes all lined up with a national audience gawking at the beauty and glory of Studebakers, the likes of which most of them have never seen. It would make the national magazines, and hit 20,000 car show attendees right between the eyes.
                That part didn't happen. Out of the 300-400 Studes at the International meet, we had maybe 10 at GoodGuys. We had a great time and I think Steve Hudson won a "pick" with his convertible, but getting a couple hundred Stude owners to come to a hot rod meet is a stretch (IMHO).

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, at a quick scroll down glance I thought you went [}]mad[}] and threw a blower in the Ute. Good thing it was a quick glance

Too bad more Studes don't gather as a group at the larger shows.

ChopStu
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Not to be a downer, but once Studes go mainstream, we wont be able to afford them either, and CASO's will become extinct.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jeryst

Not to be a downer, but once Studes go mainstream, we wont be able to afford them either, and CASO's will become extinct.
                      True, but if you think about it Studes have NEVER exactly been mainstream and if they haven't by now they probably never will.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
                      http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

15 years ago, you could buy a Hemi-Cuda for $10k. Then the investors and speculators saw a fad/trend coming, and they were the main reason that car prices jumped through the roof. It wasnt the gearheads that started it, because they never stopped playing with muscle cars. There was always a devoted following that kept playing with those cars and restoring them, most times pouring many times more money into them than they ever expected to get out of them.

Investors/speculators are always looking for a new niche market to ruin.

Shine a spotlight on something that is in the dark, and a lot of people will pay attention to it, even though they never noticed it before. Many will like what they see. That increases demand, and when demand increases, so does cost.

Already been through it with Mopars and Chevys.

Just playing devils advocate, but ya never know.

Comment

Working...
                        X