Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Tried This Retrofit Heater Control Valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tried This Retrofit Heater Control Valve?

A member in another chapter received a postcard advertising this company that sells a replacement-retrofit H/C valve. With prices from $51 to $68, seems pricy relative to rebuilding one's own if the basic unit is in decent shape. Just thought I'd see if anyone has tried one of these before I make note of the product in our newsletter. Website is www"dot"harbor-innovations"dot"com.

Thanks in advance...

Chris Collins
    Secretary, North Georgia Chapter
    Editor, The Hillholder
    63 Avanti R2
    66 Cruiser

I still like the idea of getting the valve off a 70s Dodge truck better.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bams50--- part # ??
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I have been using a Mopar water valve to replace the POS Ranco unit. Make a little bracket to hold it. About forty bucks for a new one. Since it is up under the dash, nobody will know and it actually turns OFF. Nothing worse than EXTRA hot air in the 100 degree Florida heat. I doubut any judge will ever stick their crochety old bones up under the dash to check for an original one. A lot of the Ranco ones won't turn off completely even after you spend an hour or so "rebuilding: them as the little washer type seal does not come in the "kit".

StudebakerGeorge

Comment

Looks a lot like this one (with out the bracket on the harbor website)
          with a nice home made bracket, and screws into the side moulded holes.

This one cost around $18-25 if I recall.

74627 if you can't read the number, Advance auto parts, 70's 80's chevy van.

Im using it now in the 49 2r5.

ChopStu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X