More York Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More York Pictures

Rather than post them all, here's a link to my album on Photobucket. For some reason PB shows the photos in reverse order, so when you see a sign from a vehicle it appears before the vehicle.

I also have videos, but am having a &*%$#@ of a time trying to get them to upload. Will post them if/when I get that done[}]

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Thanks Bams, it looks like a few more cars showed up after I left on Friday. Anyway tell me about photobucket I was trying to load pictures of bumpers from a 61,62,63 for the guy asking about the champ/camino thing. Photobucket kept insisting the one picture should be turned on end, needless to say I gave up. Good luck. I'll have to post the picture of the two champ fron panels and my parents in our PT Cruiser, lemme tell you about a comfortable ride back to Pittsburgh.

Jon Krimm
    1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Thanks for the post Bob. [^] It is always nice to be able to window shop and I was wondering about those 2 trucks for sale... [8D]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
      http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

That blue 64 Cruiser was sold my me to a forum member a few years back. I recall the warning fan plate came off into the fan after they bought it.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Jon, I've never had a problem with PB. I just load pictures ito my computer, open PB, and hit "BROWSE". That opens my pictures; I double-click the picture, it loads into the window, and I hit "UPLOAD". That's all I've ever had to do- they always load, and always the right size.

Maybe somebody else has your answer.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks bams. Was there any sorta price on that 50 Commander?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Thanks bams. Was there any sorta price on that 50 Commander?
              Yes, $11K.

The story going around was, the owner has had it less than a year; found he just plain did not like driving it.

The quality of the restoration was top-notch throughout- every detail except that steering wheel![}] I wanted to grab the owner up under the arm and haul him in to the Schrock brothers' display

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Sigh....... I could forgive the steering wheel - until I could have Shrocks do it. Nice car for the money!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

In my opion the best buy at the swap was the '56 power hawk for $8500 , I'm sure that one sold

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                  "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The black '50 Commander, owned by Dr. David Barnes of Lynchburg, VA, is one fine Studebaker. I think I heard more positive comments about this car of any in the Car Corral. It is a Regal 2 door sedan, one of only 2363 built in 1950. Also, one built with the new automatic transmissions. The Regal 2 door sedan had the lowest production of all models in the Commander line. Compare the Commander production with 21,976 Champion Regal 2 door sedans. One nice car and reasonably priced, I feel.[]

I do not know the history of this car or why Dr. Barnes is selling it, but Dr. Barnes is one of the older and one of the earliest SDC members. He was Mr. Studebaker in Virginia when most of us had never heard of SDC back in the 60's. He's a legend in our parts.

Frank Drumheller
                    Louisa, VA
                    60S-W6
                    1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

Comment

If he only owned it for a year as Bams50's post suggests, it make me wonder what he didn't like about driving it, Frank? It sure was a beautiful car. I've had a few cars that looked beautiful, yet made me frustrated most of the time.
                      Now that I think about it, that translates into more than just cars for me.

Comment

I'd guess it was even more underpowered than he thought it would be... maybe somebody knows whether that was it?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks for the photos Bams- I couldn't get out to look. But asked me if I wanted to make a comment every time I clicked on another picture- very annoying.
                          I love the '50 Commander. It's only the second one I have ever seen (two-door with a/t)

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

In my opion the best buy at the swap was the '56 power hawk for $8500 , I'm sure that one soldThta was a nice car I was there today and it was still there. The older gentleman that owned the 50 Commander is a great guy. He showed me exactly where I could get a light knob for a 50.

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ
                            1964 Daytona HT
                            Studebakers forever!
                            Studebakers forever!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Bob,Mabe one day i will get to York.

Lenny
                              Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Working...
                              X