57 Silver Hawk Production order help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Silver Hawk Production order help

Have just received this production order but need a translation of a couple of things.
    What is "T5741B C1121 and "XAC 2799". I assume DX ST WHL is a deluxe steering wheel
    Thank you Decoders.

The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

The lengthy T and C codes are for the upholstery combination and colors.

XAC2799 are spoke-type wheel covers; the covers on the 1958 Golden Hawk on the front cover of the September 2007 Turning Wheels. AC2799 is the Option Code; the X means they were put in the trunk to be installed by the dealer.

Say, that's a nicely-optioned Silver Hawk; about as fast a Silver Hawk as you could order...and solid black, too! Cool! 4-bbl and overdrive with no power options! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you Bob Palma.
      Interesting that the car was outfitted with wire wheel hub caps since
      my son and I were thinking of doing that given the $500 price of a set of repops.
      Maybe we can find some after market caps that approximate the look of originals.
      Any way of finding out the original upholstery colors? May be red, black and white cause
      that's what's on the door panels--albeit pretty sad condition.
      ...Dick Curtis
      The 1950 Champion Starlight
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

Dick: It's not that hard to decode the upholstery; I just don't have the information. Others do, so maybe someone will see your request and post accordingly.

Understand, those AC2799 wheel covers are not the wire-type, so-called "Speedster" wheel covers. As I said, look on the front cover of the September 2007 Turning Wheels to see exactly the covers with which your car was originally shipped. They were rare on Silver Hawks; much more common on Golden Hawks.

Best wishes with the car; that really is one of the "neatest" 1957 Silver Hawk Build Orders I've ever seen.[] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The new AC-2799 Simulated Spoke Wheel Covers from original dies are $500.00 a set.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Like this in one of my signature photos:

Steven

Comment

As BP said, the 'T' and 'C' are factory numbers for the interior trim. But I believe that is a [u]CH21</u>, representing Charcoal color upholstery.

[img][img]
              Dwain G.
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
              X