Frenched Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenched Headlights

I have just purchased some aftermarket "stainless" headlight visors as a last resort in my quest for "steel" hooded headlight rings that I might use to French the headlights on my 56 Hawk. Have seen so many frenched headlights on C&K models. They can't all be glued on... I want to weld them on! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS USING!
    Please help! Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Most of us don't do that to our cars.... So we don't know.. Ask on a Chevy Forum

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Use 63-4 Hawk headlight rims with not so nice chrome. Fill and paint them. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Google is your friend.....

Lot's of sources, and ideas.

And don't be turned off by closed minded people.
        Keeping a Studebaker running, and modifying it, or customizing it, is all a good thing.
        Better than letting it rot somewhere.
        Shoot, many Stude exec's modified their Stude's, too.....
        You hang in there and ask any question you want.

My late father had a phrase he used to pummel me with from time to time.....

"There is no such a thing as a stupid question....But there is such a thing as a stupid answer"

"Most of us" have modified our Studebaker(s) from time to time, and when we needed help, we found it inside our own club....

C'mon.. Let's just have fun with Stude's....
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by woodysrods

I have just purchased some aftermarket "stainless" headlight visors as a last resort in my quest for "steel" hooded headlight rings that I might use to French the headlights on my 56 Hawk. Have seen so many frenched headlights on C&K models. They can't all be glued on... I want to weld them on! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS USING!
        Please help! Brian

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Brian

I must have missed your initial post, but you might what to check out this link to a build I've been watching on RRR.

a man can do anything with a little time, some 2 stroke mix and a chainsaw. looks great. Streetrodman I about spewed my java when I read that. "A man can do anything with a little time, some 2 stroke mix and a chainsaw." What a great line !!! - that should be on a bumper sticker !!! :D:D:p:o

I'm with Jeff save'em and have some fun.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55Prez

Most of us don't do that to our cars.... So we don't know.. Ask on a Chevy Forum

64 GT Hawk
            55 President State Sedan
            70 Avanti (R3)
            That might also be a good place to get help with that modified, Chevy powered Avanti II.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

Brian

I must have missed your initial post, but you might what to check out this link to a build I've been watching on RRR.

a man can do anything with a little time, some 2 stroke mix and a chainsaw. looks great. Streetrodman I about spewed my java when I read that. "A man can do anything with a little time, some 2 stroke mix and a chainsaw." What a great line !!! - that should be on a bumper sticker !!! :D:D:p:o

Looks almost like stock Stude headlight surrounds...

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
              X