Value of a 1960 Lark V-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a 1960 Lark V-8

I have a 60 Lark 4dr with 58000 miles runs and looks new.Garaged since new can be driven.V-8 Auto Whole car is in exc. cond.I put it on Craigslist for $2500 no pics and in a couple hours got 8 emails.IS IT WORTH MORE
    Thanx

It could be worth more if they could SEE IT close up!
    If everything has been re-built to new, it could bring $3500.00 to $4000.00 but no one is going to buy it sight unseen.

You did not say what the emails said, I can guess it was all about SEEING it though.

You would need the very large full screen photos only available on ebay.

A really big factor other than Condition, condition, condition is Location, if for instance the car is on the West Coast and most of the buyers are East Coast, the cost to ship can be $2500.00 resulting in a no bid by those interested parties.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It is hard to tell without pics, but if it is an excellent driver, then I think I can safely say, yes, it is worth more. I paid more for my four door 63 Lark with more miles on it and a 5 year od restoration three years ago.

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Thanx for getting back.I have a guy coming out knowing the battery needs to be charged.They all are local.Car is nice.I looked on EBAY and could not find any even close.

Comment

I know that NADA can be a bit high on their values, but the LOW retail of a 1960 4 door Lark Deluxe with a V8 is 3850. (Lark Regal 4 door with v8 4500) Again, they can be a bit high, but they are a good place to start, and again, condition is key.

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Click on this link..

This is a Regal (top of the line) not the lower trimmed Deluxe and needs work, but was just purchased by a happy forum member.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

It could be worth more if they could SEE IT close up!
              If everything has been re-built to new, it could bring $3500.00 to $4000.00 but no one is going to buy it sight unseen.

You did not say what the emails said, I can guess it was all about SEEING it though.

You would need the very large full screen photos only available on ebay.

A really big factor other than Condition, condition, condition is Location, if for instance the car is on the West Coast and most of the buyers are East Coast, the cost to ship can be $2500.00 resulting in a no bid by those interested parties.

StudeRich
              His profile shows him to be in eastern Pennsylvania.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X