Finally I walk amongst ye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally I walk amongst ye

Well it has been a while trying but I have finally gotten a Studebaker and even that almost didnt happen. I called about a '59 Lark on CL a couple hours from me and had a nice chat with the seller. I probably spoke with him on a Tuesday and planned to check it out that weekend. I emailed on Thursday about seeing it and he replied it was sold. From what I got of it,someone had looked at it before I called and then told him they would take it. Lo and behold he emailed me the next week and asked if I was interested...it seems the other person offered less than asking price. I told him if it was as stated, I would buy it,it was and I did...

So now I own a teale? '59 Lark Regal 4 door 6cyl automatic that has been sitting in a barn for 24 years. Not my first choice of a lot of things but the most important...Almost no rust..little seam in the trunk,little in front fenders and surface but that is it...the floors are as solid as my Aunt Mabel. Motor turns and it is original and complete as far as I can see. I think it is gonna be just right for a first time Stude...Oh yeah about those photos ? I am just as sorry as you are someone stuck dead nicads in my camera..def next trip.

Well I guess I am going to York ! Right after I join the SDC...

Hank

Sounds to me like a nice find,you'll have tons of fun with it and the SDC/members!

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

WAY to GO HANK!!! I hope it works out great for you. NT

Neil Thornton
      Hazlehurst, GA
      '57 Silver Hawk
      '56 Sky Hawk
      '51 2R16 dump truck
      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Congrats Hank! 59-60s are big fun. [^][^][^]

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Hank!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
          May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

I have been here for a dogs age..just Studeless..

Comment

Sorry - apparently my myopia is getting worse - I can clearly see now that you have 58 posts and have been a member since 2007.[:I][8]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to Studebaker ownership, Hank...finally! I'm sure you learned a lot of good things here while lurking and looking, that carried over to your acquisition.

A 1959 Lark Regal is a nice place to start. Cute and easy to work on. Plentiful parts, too. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to Studeland, my brother!!Congratulations on the purchase of your "first-gen" Lark.See ya at York!!

Comment

The reception of ones first Studebaker is a time of honor and accomplishment. Welcome to the elite group known as "Studebaker Owners". I am glad to hear of your acquisition and wish you well.

Many blessings on your endeavor to restore this Lark to her former glory!

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Congrats on the catch!

Dylan
                      '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Congratulations Hank. Those 59-60 4-drs have charm.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

So now it begins.... so howabout trading that 6 for a built 289 4 spd setup??? Then lower it.... with wide whites..... flamethrower exhaust..... Oh, sorry, I thought it was my car.
                          Congrats on the find. You are going to have a ball with that car. Everyone knows Larks are major Chick Magnets. They're sooooo cute. The car, not necessarily the chicks.

sals54
                          sals54

Comment

Hey beggars cant be choosers in cars or chicks...I will start with a 4 door 6 cyl auto Lark and Notta Ten as my girl and work my way up...I am off to get my rockabilly fix with JP McDermott and the Western Bop...

Comment

Everyone here should definitely take their Studes to one of the Rat Rod Shows that come to their town. What a great show, fabulous people, great rides, and the Studes are greatly appreciated. Last year, I took the Wagonaire to the Midnight Mass car show in Sacramento. What a terrific reception it got. We were cruisin the grounds with 4 of us standing up in the back with the roof slid forward. Got so many thumbs up and waves from the crowd. Also had quite a number of girls wanting to be photographed in the car. Good fun for all.

sals54
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X