Classified ads on forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classified ads on forum.

It would be nice if there would be a classified section on these forums (other than the TW listings). "Cars for sale/wanted", along with "parts for sale/wanted" would be a nice feature. Obviously, it would have to be Stude related. It would definitely be the first place I'd look. Has this been discussed before?

Chuck.....9G-C5

Go to Home at top of page and then click on Classified Ads.

Its all there.

Paul

Comment

Those are the TW classifieds. I was thinking more on the line of a daily classified, not monthly.

Chuck.....9G-C5

Comment

If it was in a separate section of the forums it would be nice but would compete with TW that makes money from the ads. Probably won't happen.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC
        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

Here you go!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

You ever noticed the dates on that stuff ?....Do they EVER update it and remove old stuff.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC
            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC

Comment

Thanks Bams; I never knew that site existed! I just thought a daily classified would be nice for guys like myself who check Ebay regularly along with the TW ads. I would rather deal with a fellow SDC member first than other sources. I was hoping it would compliment the TW ads; not compete against it.

Chuck.....9G-C5

Comment

quote:Originally posted by blackhawk61

You ever noticed the dates on that stuff ?....Do they EVER update it and remove old stuff.
                Do you mean the Swap Page? Then the answer is no. The current month and two previous months are available; the rest drop off. The ads are listed in the order they are posted. I look in daily- click the current month, scroll to the bottom, and there's the newest ones!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fiftystarlightcoupe

It would be nice if there would be a classified section on these forums (other than the TW listings). "Cars for sale/wanted", along with "parts for sale/wanted" would be a nice feature. Obviously, it would have to be Stude related. It would definitely be the first place I'd look. Has this been discussed before?

Chuck.....9G-C5
                  You're welcome to post as many advertisements as ya like on the racing forums Chuck.... http://www.racingstudebakers.com/stl...n/bb/index.php

Sonny
                  http://RacingStudebakers.com
                  Sonny
                  http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by fiftystarlightcoupe

Chuck.....9G-C5
                    Yes, this has been discussed several times before. As blackhawk61 stated, it probably won't happen, at least not in the immediate future. Fewer than 10% of SDC's membership use this site regularly. For many members, Turning Wheels is their only connection with SDC, and the club does not wish to reduce the timeliness of the classified ads therein by allowing non-members to see them here first.

There has been some discussion of adding a password-protected area to this site that would be for members only. So far, it hasn't seemed to be worth it -- but as visits to this site increase, it may make more sense.

Skip Lackie
                    Board member, Atlantic Zone
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                    X