Parts Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Relay

The H.A.M.B has a section on their forum set up for parts relay needs and opportunities.

Seems like we could be doing more of this either formally with something similar on our forum, or at least informally.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Thats how Mabels engine got to me here in Fresno from Michigan. FRom a H.A.M.B. Relay.Was really neat. Just had to Travel down 99 to Bakersfield to meet up with him. We could start something like that for Stude parts. There is enough people traveling back and forth. Sure is neat. Thanks for posting Dick

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

That could be a great thing! I call it the Studebaker Express, and offer it every time I go anywhere, for free. I figure if I have to go anyway, why not help somebody move something if I can?

Problem is, I don't know how much demand there would really be. I've offered it many times, over many routes, with flexible criteria, and nobody ever takes advantage- even for free. I still always offer it anyway, thinking someday someone might want the help.

Gary Hearn put me on to yesterdaystractors.com and their "hauling schedule", just for this purpose. I got my M-16 hauled to NY from MN for a good price from there. Might be a worthwhile addition, though. Have a look:

If you are hauling a tractor across country or between cities and have room for another in either direction, please post your information here. Someone else may have a tractor they need hauled too. This is a great way to save on gas and reduce the...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bumping a really good idea!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X