Studebaker Drags Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Drags Details

Richard Poe asked for this to be posted. Details follow.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

How many folks from SDC are planning to go? We're bringing 1 car, and if I get particularly productive, maybe a second.

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll be there, Jim and Richard, and have assurance that no Hudson Club activities conflict this year (as they did last year), so I know of at least three hot-rod Hudsons planning to attend, and probably more.

Rumor has it Frank VanDoorn is even planning a return appearance!

For anyone thinking of attending, do it! This is a real fun event at a place the likes of which you'd swear no longer exists; The Brown County Dragway. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Is this the kind of FUN event that someone would write up for TW?

Pictures and story are welcome.

Comment

The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Art,
            I sent in a story and pictures about last years event remember?
            Thanks for all you do.
            Richard
            The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

I thought it was about time to give this a bump. One month to go.

Roll call anyone?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
              Jim

Comment

I'll be there participating. Are we planning a dinner get together for Friday evening like last year yet?[]

Frank van Doorn
                1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                1963 Daytona Conv
                1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I have to pass on this one, but I'll be seeing you guys at the track on Wednesday night in Cedar Rapids and again in the fall at Stanton. I'm planning on putting my Hawk on a Dyno in the next few weeks,... I've got to get a M18 X 1.5 threaded bung installed in the stainless steel exhaust system for a CO2 sensor, then we are going to play with tuning the Hawk up with a strip kit.

Have fun in Nashville!

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
                  Oakville, Ontario.
                  Hamilton Chapter
                  See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
                  1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

I'll be there participating. Are we planning a dinner get together for Friday evening like last year yet?[]

Frank van Doorn
                    'Might be tough, Frank. <GGG> Richard and Rose Poe just "got" a new grandson yesterday afternoon! But I'll suggest Gray Bros. famous cafeteria again, in Moorseville, if everyone is up for it.

As soon as they're done swooning over the new Parker Joshua Poe, I'm sure Richard and Rose will be back in the saddle on the Orphan Drags detail. 'See you there.

(And CONGRATULATIONS, Richard & Rose!) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Good Luck at the races and let me add my congrats to the Poes. I have greatly enjoyed many pics of Richards lark and continue to enjoy the fact that he uses that car as he does (even though I could never bring myself to do it). Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

Bob,we'll talk as the date gets closer. I won't see any of you in South Bend at the swap meet though as the Caskeys will go by themselves so I don't have to make two trips to Indiana. But hey the cafeteria sounds good.[] Congrats to Richard and Rose Poe on their grandchild.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

I'll be there participating. Are we planning a dinner get together for Friday evening like last year again?
                        Frank van Doorn
                        'Might be tough, Frank. <GGG> Richard and Rose Poe just "got" a new grandson yesterday afternoon! But I'll suggest Gray Bros. famous cafeteria again, in Moorseville, if everyone is up for it.

As soon as they're done swooning over the new Parker Joshua Poe, I'm sure Richard and Rose will be back in the saddle on the Orphan Drags detail. 'See you there.

(And CONGRATULATIONS, Richard & Rose!) BP
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Comment

Dessert!?!? We are leaving Marion, IL between 5:00 and 6:00PM Friday evening. We hope to find a place to pull in late that night, grab a nap in the truck and be ready to go Saturday morning early. What time will the track open? Is there a place there we can pull in late?

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
                            Jim

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X