fuel pump for 58 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump for 58 President

Can anyone tell me what type of fuel pump was installed on the 58 President? Did it have a glass bowl at the bottom or a filter located somewhere else? I want to put the original back on my car, don't know if I should buy one off ebay? If I do should it be rebuilt with new guts? Thanks Jim R

Jim Rostron
    Jim Rostron

This is from the 58 Studebaker Provincial leaflet. The engine is the same as the President, but the colors on the engine are not correct, but the fuel pump is.

[img] http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...incialcrop.jpg [/img]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Jim,

I don't think the glass bowl matters. I wouldn't buy a pump off ebay without the plan for rebuilding it - even if it was presented as rebuilt. Some of those rebuilt pumps have come from stock that's set around for DECADES! A kit from one of our vendors it likely to have parts that are resilient to modern, ethanol-enhanced fuels.
      I've got OODLES of V8 pump cores here! You could HAVE one for the cost of shipping!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

don't you need a filter? I thought a filter was necessary. I still have an old pump. If just buying a rebuild kit from a vender is the wsy to go, sounds good! thanks for the advise.

Jim Rostron
        Jim Rostron

Comment

Working...
        X