The meets this coming summer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The meets this coming summer.

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum and it has to do with meets. Normally I attend the August meet in Proctor, Mn. but, there is no listing for it yet on the website here. Is there going to be a meet in Proctor for August 2009? If not, the next closest place, and on that same weekend, is in Buffalo, Mn. Now, I enjoy the Proctor meet because it has the Swap Meet/Flea Market, is the Buffalo Mn. Meet going to have a Swap Meet/Flea Market? I would assume the people that usually hit up the Proctor meet would head to Buffalo this year, but I would like some confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

quote:Originally posted by Big_Carl

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum and it has to do with meets. Normally I attend the August meet in Proctor, Mn. but, there is no listing for it yet on the website here. Is there going to be a meet in Proctor for August 2009? If not, the next closest place, and on that same weekend, is in Buffalo, Mn. Now, I enjoy the Proctor meet because it has the Swap Meet/Flea Market, is the Buffalo Mn. Meet going to have a Swap Meet/Flea Market? I would assume the people that usually hit up the Proctor meet would head to Buffalo this year, but I would like some confirmation. Thanks in advance.
    WELCOME to the Forum!!! I'm not too sure if this helps, but maybe this is why you've not seen the show you're asking about listed~

Upper Mississippi Valley Zone
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aug 28-29, 2009 UPPER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ZONE MEET in Platteville, Wisconsin.
    Hosts: Wisconsin Region SDC. HQ: Governor Dodge Hotel, 608-348- 2301.
    Info: Terry Frye, 608-831-3314, m547man@yahoo.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a busy month up that way~ Good luck!!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    San Diego, Ca. (for now...)
    San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
    '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey Carl... Welcome to the Studebaker Forum!
      A good place to start is right here.
      Head over to the 'Home' page and look at the 'Events' section.
      You can drill down to the local chapters and find out a lot about shows and swaps...
      Start here:

(Then take a look at the LHS and see the regional and local stuff)
      HTIH...
      Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess they aren't doing the annual Car Show and Swap Meet this year. I know the turn out has been on the decline over the past few years. I will be calling the North Star Chapter President to see if there is going to be a Swap Meet. Hope to see you there in Buffalo.

Comment

The meet you are referring to, Carl, is put on annually by the Northland Wheels Chapter out of Duluth. I haven't received any info on this yet but I'd imagine that it's still going to happen. Contact Jim Van Dell of the Northland Wheels Chapter. His contact info is on this page: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_MN.asp

BShaw, Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
          Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I just got message today from the Newsletter that the show in Proctor is a go for the 9th of August. I am overjoyed. I was worried that it was cancelled due to the last few year's turn out. But, it's a go. See you there, if you are going. I'm going to bring some cash, maybe find a project car!

Comment

Is this the same show and swap meet that has been at the Duluth tech school parking lot in the past?

I remember going to a event there in about 1994 or 1995. Its memorable in that is was a pretty long drive for me at the time as I was living about 80 miles went of Minneapolis. Also found a mint push-button radio for my '53 at the swap meet. It must have been pulled from a car when not too old and stored in a closet someplace as the cosmetic condition was like new. The older lady at the table asked me if I wanted a "sock". Took me a while before I realized she mean't if I wanted a sack for the radio! I would have called it a bag. Local idioms with accents are interesting....

I never seem to have a open weekend in mid August anymore. Now its probably just as far from the Fargo area since there is not fast, direct route from here to the Duluth area. Its all 2 lane roads through the northern MN woods.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff, you're from Fargo? My Skytop was purchased new by the Duginski family in Moorhead, MN (across the river from Fargo) through the dealer there, Ray Guillemette of Cordell Motors. Ever hear of it? I believe it became a Jeep dealer later. I'd love a piece of memorabilia from the place.

Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                '64 Daytona Hardtop
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill,

I have heard mention of Cordell Motors in Moorhead before. I've only lived in the area since '96, so don't have much knowledge of local history. There is a Muscatell's in Moorhead that used to sell Jeep but not sure they do anymore. I think they are Subaru and Kia now. Most of the area dealers a "big". The Ford and Buick/Pontiac/Cad. dealers are now next door to each other in new buildings owned by the Luther group from the Minneapolis area.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                  X