Horn Button shakeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn Button shakeup

Welp, the horn button collection featured in the 08/08 TW has been evicted from it's display quarters. The collection is in transition to new and much classier accomodations. I will reveal the character and redux of the display once the thing is set up for viewing. It's going to take some time, but it'll be well worth it![^]

Of course, I couldn't let the old display area (converted coffee table) sit, looking plain and forlorn! So, I grabbed a box of brand X buttons that have rarely seen the light of day and gave some of the prettier ones a chance to shine.
    Might be fun to guess at the less obvious ones. Fact is, there's a few that I've forgotten what it was they came out of.[B)]

I've included one Studebaker button - and a PackardBaker button! - to keep this thread out of Stove Huggers and spare it the wrath of self-appointed moderators

[img] http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/309061...wbuttons_1.jpg [/img]

[img] http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/309061...wbuttons_2.jpg [/img]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

I found a 'Stude one,but not sure about the Packard.. Have you talked to anyone about this 'hornbuttonitis' ??

Oglesby,Il.
    " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Bob,

I'd be afraid to speak to anyone that might offer a diagnosis. I've sorta gotten to where I like not being in a sanitarium![]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I see the one Packard, but aren't there two Studes?

Chip
        '63 Cruiser daily driver
        '57 Packard wagon almost on the road!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I see the Hawk and the Clipper

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Theres a Hawk and the early Stude-shield, and the Packard Clipper wheel.
            Had I known you collect these too..I'd have sent you the Kaiser button I have on eBay now..

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
            Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
            Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

You are missing my favorite, the simple "MG" of an MG.

MGA and previous preferably.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't realize until I posted the photos, that I'd included more than one Stude in the mix. Of course, HEY! What sorta Stude guy would I be if I didn't have SOME representation of them amongst the Brand X stuff. There's the black-backed Stude crest that debuted in '56 and saw some use in trucks right thru '64. There's the all-gold Hawk button which was used only in '58 Packard sedans and wagons and the Gold S button which debuted in lower trim level '55 cars and then went on to be spec'd out in some trucks from '56-on.
                MGs and many more makes are in other boxes of buttons. I just didn't get all the boxes out to select from. I'd need about 3 more tables like this to be able to have all I've got on display![xx(] We won't even talk about the body tags and emblems from ALL sorts of vehicles as well as Studes. The years I haunted Pick-a-Part every weekend is where I got most of this stuff.

Maybe someone can tell me what the little black button is that says "M3MA" on it. I don't remember where I got that and until I looked close I always thought it was a button for one of those aftermarket MOMA wheels. But M3MA doesn't make sense for such.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

Comment

Some nice AMC-related things in there, Bob!

The M3MA button reminds me of things I've seen from the Eastern Bloc. Could be off something Soviet-era? That sort of spelling just shouts "Cyrillic" to me.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

Some nice AMC-related things in there, Bob!

The M3MA button reminds me of things I've seen from the Eastern Bloc. Could be off something Soviet-era? That sort of spelling just shouts "Cyrillic" to me.
                    It is! Its for MZMA, an acrynym for their car manufacturing business at one time.

Craig

Comment

Wow! Thanks Craig! Cool!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

Comment

Okay.. What the heck does this one fit? (Circled in the pic)

I've got one just like it that I had on the Orange truck for a while. A buddy who also had a C cab, said he found it in the desk drawer of an asphalt plant. I've NEVER seen another one. In fact, while at the South Bend meet, Chuck Collins told me that if I ever found another, to buy it, send it to him, and he'd reproduce it.

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Does that say Ross?

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I saw an article in some car mag a while back that showed one of those buttons. It mentioned that it came on many trucks that had the Ross cam-and-lever steering installed.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Bingo! Clark. There were alot of truck makers that opted to use Ross' standard horn button rather than paying extra to have one made with their logo or name on it.

Matthew, I have at least four different Ross Cam and Lever buttons. One of them is about 5 inches in diameter.[:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1963 Cruiser
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                              X