Yet another scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another scam

How does the break system work? They said it's been restored. Does that mean you can depend on the car to break in two every you traverse a severe rail-road crossing? 'Doesn't really seem like a selling feature. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Maybe I'm too trusting, but I emailed the guy and told him to put a reserve on it or his car could sell for $200.

Comment

Is that a stock eBay picture for sellers without one, or just the same odd (O) seller with a new ID?

They list different states, but look eerily alike.

Comment

that is a stock image that ebay provides if you do not provide an image of your car.

What is pointing to a scam here, the poor description, no image and zero feedback? If I was interested, all of those would make me dig into this much deeper, but to say it is a scam is going to an extreme, is it not?

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

I agree. They both simply look like first time sellers and both posted a hopelessly simple ad without much help to a potential buyer. We are so used to eBay Motors having the other end of the spectrum with savvy sellers using amazing vehicle pictures and descriptions. When something like this (which is equal to putting an ad in a local newspaper) shows up, it looks suspicious to some. There are scams, though, even with real pictures. I'd have to see more proof of an actual car before I'd send any money, but they both could be a good deal.

Comment

I don't know here,but after looking at hundreds of ads on ebay and Craigslist (which I call the poor man's ebay),you would think that the seller would be smart enough to include at least ONE picture.To call it a scam may be a bit premature,but I was raised to believe that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......[?]

Comment

Seller returned my email and relisted his car at minimum $6,000 with a reserve. He's having trouble posting pics so I suggested using explorer.

Comment

I emailed the seller by eBay "Ask a Question" and he did reply (two days later). He explained that he had to stop the auction and relist due to "pricing issues".

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                  X