dash panel solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash panel solution

For those of you that have been restoring your car, you know how you find a myriad of things that you need; but just isn't manufactured any more.
    I have one solution to ease your pain!
    In my Studebaker, the plastic overlays that were once red and green (for high-beam and directional indicators) had turned a cruddy brownish-black and were unsuitable for further use. After a lot of searching and some trial & error; I found the ideal product to punch out for my directional light green and high beam red indicators. Of course I had to purchase a large quantity (for three patches) and to use up the left over material I have started yet another "cottage industry".
    Through Miller Signs I am selling a package containing two green and one red patch. These packages will be available at my booth in Cedar Rapids for 75 cents each. If you want to purchase now, send me a self addressed and stamped envelope with $.75 and I will get a set right off to you. Once you get them, scrape off the old tape holding the ones the factory stuck on and replace them with the new patches and a small piece of shipping tape!
    My Mailing address is Miller Signs 1808 S. 11th Ave, Eldridge, IA 52748
    Feel free to pass this around to your old car friends that may be interested.

duane miller

Home Depot sells a clear tape that is really good for outside during very cold temps. I'm going to use it for the same thing on my dash lights, I'm thinking it will hold up longer then other tape.

Jim Rostron
    Jim Rostron

Comment

For the green turn signals... I use a double layer of discs cut from a Mountain-Dew bottle (plastic)

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
      Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I use the colored tabs from file folder separators.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X