Studebaker in the trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in the trees

Maybe this has been posted before? Google earth view of the proving grounds..2005..too cool!!

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

I believe it has been posted before, howevre I never noticed that there are trucks on the track!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62SY4

I believe it has been posted before, howevre I never noticed that there are trucks on the track!
      Along with the same pics of some rotting treasures among those trees!!

Craig

Comment

Craig, read your post and followed the link...my goodness..I was close to those things..about 16-17 years ago I was in charge of a crew from my company to strip the "skid pad" the bright white section of track seen in the arial photos next to the oval..we spent 2-3 weeks there water and sand blasting that thing..it was a pain in the you know where..But..how close was I to the treasures you mentioned??!!?! Sadly, at the time I was about 20 years old and had no care for that Stude stuff...Yes I am an idiot..thanks.. My Grandfather, great grand on moms side, worked at stude..Dad worked for Cummings foundry..(stude's building)years ago..then it went to chrysler??..anyhow..now I'm crazy about Studes..but anyhow..the people at the Bosch faculity seemed nazi like..very, very close to watch all that was going on..I live in town and could drive there now..but it would be easier to get into Fort Knox..or so it seems from what I remember from working there..

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

Working...
        X