Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with this '57 in San Antonio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with this '57 in San Antonio?

With the search for the next Smith Stude in full gear, we found this listing on craigslist. Does anyone know this car or is anyone close to it? We welcome any additional information we might be able to find out. Thanks!

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

I've seen this car listed several times before. I believe it was $5500 firm last Summer...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I've got three different eBay ads here (with 20+ pictures) for ya. I'll send it all to you if you'd like. The last eBay ad I have closed on 30 Decemeber, 2008 with two offers~ but showing a starting bid of $4500...
      That last try had this line in it~

"the best offer over $3999.99 will take her home"

I'll have to look the pictures over again to tell you what I think about that.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, that would be great. I called the guy and asked for more pictures, but who knows if/when I'll get them. Thanks! -Tracy

John and Tracy Smith
        Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

Dave, that would be great. I called the guy and asked for more pictures, but who knows if/when I'll get them. Thanks! -Tracy
          You've got mail-- LOTS of it!!! [:0] [^]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I don't know anything about the car personally, but that is one good looking car from the pictures!

Comment

I live in SA, if you'd like me to look at it, just say the word. It's on Rigsby, which is on the way to Pick n Pull (need I say more?)

John

Comment

I wont jump ahead of John and Tracy but that is a cool looking driver. I was in SA just two weeks ago, dang I wish I'd known about it then. I have a friend who would be interested, but I'll wait on John and Tracy...........

We would all be interested in a good report on the car if it isn't out of your way.....

It is an addiction!
                It is an addiction!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jbwhttail

I wont jump ahead of John and Tracy but that is a cool looking driver. I was in SA just two weeks ago, dang I wish I'd known about it then.
                  Is it deer season in San Antonio? BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You are FUNNY, Bob! John, we sent you an email. Thanks, everyone, for helping us gather information.

John and Tracy Smith
                    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Working...
                    X