Stude Bob Where are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Bob Where are you?

Has anyone seen or heard from Bob? I haven't seen any post from him lately .I miss him.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Maybe he fell in the well he was having dug!!!

Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

I sent him a e-mail last night and it came back to me!

George
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      65 Commander 2door
      64 Wagonaire's ( 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)

63 GT Hawk
      51 Champion Starlight Coupe
      George King
      Grants Pass, Oregon
      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

You can't get rid of me![}]

Yes - rather busy lately. But alive and ornery as ever.[:0]

Had an interesting encounter (commiseration?) the other day at the dentist's office.
        I'd parked Pete across the street from the office building. After the dental assistant got me seated and stuck some tools in my mouth, she's gone for a couple of minutes. When she returns, she asks: "Is that your Studebaker across the street?"

"Un-huh."

"I see your first name is Bob - are you Studebaker Bob?"

"Un-huh."

"Well, I'm Jack Burgess' daughter! You know - Studebaker Jack."

"Ah-hah."

"I've heard so much about you thru the years and now I get to meet you."

"Un-huh."

"Of course, my first car was a Studebaker - a little Lark Daytona actually. Boy, I loved that car."

"Un-huh"

"Have you had that truck long?"

"Un-huh."

"I guess it's kinda hard to talk with all that stuff in your mouth, eh?"

"Un-huh."

"My favorite Stude is a GT Hawk. My dad used to have a beautiful black one. Sure wish I had that car now!"

"Un-huh."

So, the chatter between the assitant and the dentist was about Studebakers for a minute or two. The dentist was finishing up on a gal in the adjoining stall. Once he'd finished his work on her and she was able to talk, she asks: "Is that Bob Kabchef in that other stall?"
        The dentist answered affirmatively.

"Well he and my husband are friends. My husband has several Studebaker truck projects he's working on and the Kabchefs were over for our annual Xmas feast and open house."

So, there it was. A most UNlikely rendezvous of Studebaker folks. Two of them women, no less. I shoulda went right out and bought some lottery tickets after I left the place!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey Bob , glad to hear your ok. Great story too.Its always the same with dentists.Alway stuff ya mouth full of junk and start asking you questions.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Bob if you see Jacks daughter again fill her in on the Studebakers she likes so much the Daytona went north and is being built for raceing, that person is on the forum not sure his name, the black 64 GT is in San Jose getting restored, and the 63 2 door i just gave it away to a fellow in the foot hills for his first Studebaker, might big block it,
            Bob Peterson
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

The Daytona that was her first car was eventually wrecked by someone else - I think. Fact is, I forgot to ask her (when I could finally talk), but I may have ended up with the engine out of that car when I first moved to the valley in '89.
              I remember going to a little independent auto parts store and asking for something to fit one of my Studes. The guy that ran the place asked if I'd be interested in a good-running engine and trans he'd saved from a car his kid had wrecked. I bought it and resold it a couple of years later.

BTW, I knew about the race-built Lark and led Jack to the article about it on the web.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Her last Studebaker was the blue 64 lark as I got the blue door panels for Jack, and the gt was the black one you almost got a few years age and I went to look at on my way home from your place and no one was home then it hot sold to Jack and he removed parts and never did anything else with it and it just sat there it had the am/fm with it....Bob
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Last time I was at the dentist I made a wisecrack that the crown was taking money out of my car restoration budget.
                  The dentist asked what I had so I told him a 63 Studebaker Avanti.
                  He said he didn't know what that was (he's in his mid-30s, so I guess he can be excused) but he'd look it up on the internet.
                  While something hardened in my mouth he disappeared..his usual practice as he flits between partitions and chairs.
                  When he came back he said he saw one and said it was very advanced for its age...he liked the round headlights and big back window.

I was impresssed that he'd take the time to see what I was talking about.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                  X