C-Cab Headliner Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Cab Headliner Pattern

I was wondering if anyone had a pattern I could get to make a headliner for my 53 truck. I have purchased the materials I want to use for the job and can wing it, but if someone has already made a pattern it sure would speed things up. I also need a pattern for the wall behind the seats and around the kick panels -- but again thats not my real need!!!

Short of buying a new headliner kit from Studebaker International or borrowing one from someone to use as a pattern, I have no idea's.

JDP
    Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
    64 Commander 2 door
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I bought the headliner kit from LOGA and it didn't take long to install on my 49 C-Cab

Comment

It's unfortunate you already bought the materials. Now you need to reinvent what Loga has available.[V]
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Maybe he just wants a pattern so he can do it in a material other than cardboard? I can understand that, as I was reluctant to buy a cardboard headliner, myself, even if it is like the original.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon
          Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Ritch, THe headliner in my C Cab has the usual "droop", it is in good shape otherwise. I am going to pull it out and attach a couple of pieces of strap iron(1/8")to regain its original contour, when I do I could get an outline for you on wrapping paper. By the way what part of Texas are you in? I am 75 mile west of FT Worth.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
            58 Champion
            57 3E11
            48 M16
            46 M15
            41 M5

Comment

Bill that would be great if you could trace a paper pattern for me while you have it out. I looked at all the headliners on-line and decided I coulc build my own for a fraction of the cost.
              If you can trace it off I will come get it. I live in Double Oak. I'm about 25 miles north of Ft Worth. It would be great to see your truck and maybe get time to discuss our projects!!
              Let me know if your able to trace it off. I will head over once you have it done.
              Thanks,
              Ritch

Comment

Bill, my cell is 214-762-2300...or you can just post here.
                Thanks,
                Ritch

Comment

The cardboard is easy enough to cut, it's the stitched edge trim that would be difficult.

JDP
                  Arnold Md.
                  Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
                  63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
                  63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  52 Starlight
                  52 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I've decided to go in another direction from the standard cardboard headliner. I went to Lowes and ordered a 5 X 8 sheet of black Plas-Tex. They didn't have it in stock but could special order it. The white they stock is about $19.00 per sheet, the black was $23.00 plus about $12.00 shipping. I also bought 2, 8 foot 1/4 X 1 aluminum strips to make the frame. I also have enough of the Plas-Tex to line the area behind the seat so that's in the plan while I have the seats out. With the pattern that Bill has offered to draw off for me when he fixes his headliner I think I can cut and mount this panel with little problem. The Plas-Tex is so flexible and can be formed to make very tight turns. Its great to be able to cut it with shears and I will us pop rivets to mount it to the aluminum strips.
                    If I have any luck I will let you know--if not, then I will never mention is again...haha...

Comment

Ritch, I pulled the headliner out of my 59 and will trace it for you on brown wrapping paper. It is in great condition just has the droops, I am going to attach some 1/8" strap iron to the top via some trim metal screws and reattach in cab. We have a family emergency and have to go to Ft Worth today, will call you on Sunday,
                      Bill Elbert

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
                      58 Champion
                      57 3E11
                      48 M16
                      46 M15
                      41 M5

Comment

Bill, I just did a mapquest from my house to yours...its 112 miles. Any possibility you could mail those patterns to me? I would gladly pay postage since it would probably be cheaper than gas..haha..

Ritch

Comment

Ritch, Sorry to be so late in getting back to you, it's the Christmas thing! We are going to be home Tuesday after Christmas Day and I will trace the headliners for you, already have them out and the brown wrapping paper laying by them.

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
                          58 Champion
                          57 3E11
                          48 M16
                          46 M15
                          41 M5

Comment

If they stock white, why did you order black? Is it a better product?
                            Looking to make some door panels and kick panels. Will the Plas-Tex accept adhesive to cover it in a vinyl or cloth?

Comment

Hi sntsftbll,
                              I realize you are asking that question to anyone who actually has experience with Plas-tex. That's not me, though. But, I imagine it can be roughed up a little with sandpaper, and that a good quality contact cement can be used on it and the vinyl.

I did my kick panels in 1/8" (or 3/16", I can't remember) hardboard, and covered them with black vinyl. They should hold up better than the original cardboard ones, which I used as a pattern (what was left of them anyway).

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X