Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentines Day

It's Valentines day and my opportunity to convince my wife that I love her more than my Studebakers. She tells me all the time that I love them best and I usually reply that I will place them for sale tomorrow to prove that I don't. One of the things I love about my wife is that she would never call me on that offer.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Linda put up with all the years of racing, wrecks, injuries, tight money times, and my obsessive competitiveness. Now she's seen that transfer to another unloved Stude trundling in on the dolly every time she turns around, and the relentless interest in same; never once a peep or complaint. Ever. One year when we were in a tight race for the Championship, she offered to sell her minivan and drive a clunker to buy a fresh engine mid-season.

That is solid gold to me. I would gladly ditch every one of my toys- and everything else, for that matter, for her. So I guess I can stand the $3.59 card and candy for her today.

Might even throw in dinner, if she's good

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Boy splurge a little will ya!!! LOL

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      1957 Golden Hawk
      Fresno,Ca
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

My Mom had the greatest Valentine gift 50 years ago.
        ME!!...lol
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bob40

My Mom had the greatest Valentine gift 50 years ago.
          ME!!...lol
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Happy B Day and V Day!!! Way to double up on goodness!! God bless you.[8D][)][^]

Frank Drumheller
          Louisa, VA
          60W-W6
          '48 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

Comment

This afternoon my Valentine not only tolerated my spending time in the garage changing wheel cylinders, but was kind enough to help me bleed the brakes when I was done. They just don't get much better than that!

Jim Bradley
            Lewistown PA
            '78 Avanti II
            Jim Bradley
            Lake Monticello, VA
            '78 Avanti II
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X