• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for ZDDP

After all the positive forum and TW discussion on this oil additive,
    I decided I needed to purchase some.
    Attention, all fellow CASOs :
    Best price I found was on e-bay, pack of 2 bottles/$17.48 and reasonable shipping, total was about $23.00 incl. CA sales tax.
    Seller (e-bay)is m_cady_enterprises, San Dimas, CA
    Also saw ads for larger qty. lots of same product at comparable low prices.

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
    Lancaster,CA
    1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

You can buy a zinc additive at your local GM dealer for alot less .

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bob, have you tried to buy GM additive lately? The last I heard here in the U.S. EOS (I think it is called) was canceled!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I phoned the local dealer and the parts department said they had it in inventory.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

The last I bought came right from the manufacturer http://www.zddplus.com/. He gave me a Studebaker Drivers Club member discount. That was early last year. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

duane miller

Comment

GM EOS was discontinued for a while as it was being reformulated. It's been back on the shelves for a while now. It supposedly has less ZDDP than before, but still sufficient for the purpose. A GM parts manager told me that EOS is nothing more than GM's version of STP. An accurate statement or not I don't know.

I'm happy using STP...been doing so for over forty years and have never seen any reason to stop using it. A lot of people like to bash STP and some other products for reasons that can't be backed up...I've heard for many, many years people say Quaker State oil is bad...again, never any evidence.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
            X