X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look's like a chevy motor in this one

Has anyone looked at this 1951 stude.

It looks like a chevy motor.

yep, in a Champion 2dr sedan with the top gone.

bet it's real breezy on a cold day (I would guess no top, which wouldn't matter because I don't think it has any side windows either)

interesting tranny mount attachment . . .

JohnP, driving & reviving
    an early Lark
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Yep, thats definitely a small block chevy in there.

Pretty car none the less though.

Comment

Hey, its a "numbers matching" restorod. Notice there are no pics showing how jacked up this ride is so that the crossmember and mufflers don't snag yer local railroad tracks.

Comment

I can't believe the seller listed the car without ONE WORD of description![}] He sure put a lot of effort into crafting a history lesson with a cut-and-paste from Hemmings[|)]

Lesson to be learned: Before you list your auction, look it over as though you were the buyer!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Gotta love the photo of the spare in the trunk. And agree, difficult to get interested without an in-depth explanation of what was done how, by whom and it ain't a convertible without a top. Still, if one lived in AZ, might be a fun car at the right price.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

THINK of all the work that went into that car! Someone MUST have had a LOT of spare time.

John

Comment

Honesty in advertising would demand that you call this car a Roadster, not a Convertible, not a Commander and at least mention it has NO TOP! [xx(]

Amazing that they put all that Studebaker history on there, and NOTHING about the car!

An F3 cheapy Champion Six 2 dr. Sedan, and no Studebaker Engine! what a laugh!

Oh great...it has matching NUMBERS!
                Well it DOES have an almost Studebaker Green Engine!

Digitmotorsport is giving Auto Dealers a bad name!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'd say the proper designation for this vehicle is "parade car", not roadster. True roadsters had a folding fabric top, and side curtains, or removable side glass so they could be somewhat closed to the weather.

Yeah, the listing is a real joke, but the actual car could be fun unit to own, if you bought it right. Wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to spiff up that engine room, nor would it be out of the question to fabricate a Carson-style or folding top and some removable window frames with sliding panels, like the Austin-Healey Sprite used.

But a person would want to see how carefully the roof chop was done, and if any body reinforcement was added beneath the floor.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                  Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I'll bet a donut that that car is from a "Studebaker" restauraunt. Several of those restauraunts had bulletnose Studes with the tops cut off. All that I've seen were painted red with white interior, exactly as shown. StudebakerGeorge had two; sold one and is parting the other. There's supposedly a third one around his area.

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The advert. has been taken down by the seller, with the following heading:
                      The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.
                      Comments on the Forum may lead to a more accurate description and price....
                      bob.c

Comment

Working...
                      X