Parts needed to finish my 57 hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts needed to finish my 57 hawk

I am just about finished with my 1 year studebaker restoration. After searching for a year, I still need a perfect clock and the dash tags for the lights, wiper, int lights and defrost. Any one know any places besides the obvious ebay??

gcarr

What diameter would your clock be for that Hawk? I know of a nos 1957 clock.

Comment

It's about 3 or 4" in Dia. Dave. It's got a black face with white numbers. Chrome bezel. Quite different from a sedan clock.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I don't have any clock but it fits to the right of the speedo. It is the same size and I need the clock and perfect chrome bezel. It is for a 57 silver hawk. Probably pretty standard. I'm at 832-443-2412

gcarr

Comment

I still have a huge hole in my dash. Without a clock that I'm searching for I can't tell time! Ah, please help me find a clock. 1957 silver hawk

gcarr

Comment

I just had Clock Doc in Tenn. rework my 57 SilverHawk clock. He did replace the bezel while reworking the clock. He is very sloooooooow... but did good looking work. He talked like he had access to lots of clocks.
            1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
            Belmont, NC

Comment

Contact Studebaker International, Ed had the tags over the switches reproduced, and they look great. He has some at York.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

You could put a tach in the hole to the side of the speedometer. They come up on E-bay every now and then.

Comment

Thanks for the help. This is the 1st studebaker I've ever done a ground up resto on and I'm trying to keep it very original and the build sheet says it was a clock that was in this space. I would put a tach but I wonder if the value would be affected???

gcarr

Comment

Working...
                  X