motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor mounts

I'm putting a 53 Champ six into my 52 Champion. The upper parts of the mounts need replacing and probably the bottoms as well. The parts catalogs have different no's ending in 52 and starting with new #'s in 53. I was hoping they'd be the same. Visually, I can't see any difference in the mounts. Comments please.

Joe

I sell 180437 upper and 513104/same as 674993 (Truck) for lower for both '51 & '52 but 1953 Champion 1548274/1556995 is not a two part front mount, it's a one piece like the V-8, two studs & plates bonded to the rubber cushion. So no they are NOT similar, if you you have the correct mounts.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Apology to StudeRich:
      Sorry, if I mislead you on the mount question. When I said they looked the same I meant the steel brackets attached to the engine. If this doesn't work can the metal mounts be swapped? Thanks.

Comment

Interesting question that I will face as soon as the weather warms up. 53 Champion engine into a 52 Champion. I had assumed they were the same.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Maybe you two guys need to trade Engine Brackets!
          Doesn't anybody ever put '53's in '53's and '52's in '52's! Lol!

These Champions have way more changes than V-8's do, from '47 to '59 there are a thousand engine changes it seems, I am glad I don't do SIXES! [:0]

The problem is they are not interchangeable type changes many times, they are a no-fit like oil pans.

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Interesting question that I will face as soon as the weather warms up. 53 Champion engine into a 52 Champion. I had assumed they were the same.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If I read his question correctly, we are doing the same thing. 1953 engine into a 1952 car.

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks 52-fan. I was able to get a good 53 to replace my 52. What I'm saving by using the 53 can't compare to a rebuild. That money will go elsewhere. I still think from eyeballing this setup, that it will work. A few measurements are in order. Joe

Comment

MY situation too. As much as I would love a Cathcart modified engine, I can't afford it. I bought this low mileage 53 4 door from a local member who found that the tin worms had eaten too much of it. I still have to change it from an automatic to standard, but the engine is great. I hope to find someone who needs a 53 4 door with good tinted glass, clock, and other goodies to part out. I don't think anyone would want to fix this car.

Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

52-fan
                  I spoke to a Stude vendor and he says the rubber mounts are the same. He is going to York and is picking them up for me in March. I guess I'll know for sure then. Joe

Comment

Working...
                  X