JTS & JT ENGINES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTS & JT ENGINES

I just purchase two 1964 Hawks that were orginal package cars. One was the show car at the S.F. Auto show R-2 auto floor shift body 1205 and the other is a R-1 built the last day of production body 1580 R-1 4-speed. I know it's along shot but looking for engine blocks JTSH 36 (used 7 times) and JTN 316 (used ? Times) Thanks for any help on locating these Scott IN DOWN TOWN KY.

If you have good complete JT and JTS engines in them now, the cost would be so great to replace the blocks, that I would look for other options like welding the pad up and re-stamping the numbers.

Even new or used unmarked replacement blocks would be cheaper than a JT
    engine and a JTS engine.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,

Do you know of the same size and font of number/letter stamps (Like Stude used) are available?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No I don't know of any, my guess is they would have to be special ordered or made. They were taller and narrower than standard dies.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Scott, I have the '64 pkg R1 Commander 4 spd from the SF auto show. It is also unrestored. Someday we might reunite them at one of the shows up in Cinci or down near you?

Comment

Working...
          X