Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up! A warning!!!!!

um....

If you actually decide to clean larger parts of your classic Studebaker in your bathtub because it's cold out and will be way more convenient than using the garden hose and a bucket...
    It might scratch the bottom of your tub really bad...
    And your significant other might get pretty upset about that....

Just a heads up....

Ooooops!

Does that go with rebuilding your carburetor in the kitchen sink?

Comment

That's one of Jeff Foxworthy's classics: "If you hear your wife yell, 'Will you move this transmission so I can take a shower?' ...you may be a redneck." BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The POR-15 people have a heavy duty white paint product that you may find handy and may minimize your stay in the 'dog house'.Really, check out their web site.And just in time for Valentines' Day!!

Comment

No, you use the dish washer to rebuild carbs and the tub to get the Boss 302 block ready for re-assembly on the kitchen floor!

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

Once rebuilt a Porsche engine in the bedroom![:0] Thirty years ago.

That went over well.[V] And won't happen again.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I don't understand. With the legendary erotic appeal of all things Porsche, just having part of one in the bedroom ought to inspire Wagner arias.

Years ago a buddy of mine--bachelor, of course--used to rebuild the old VW engines on his kitchen table. He was such a neat workman, though, you hardly noticed, especially in comparison to what was a typical 20-something bachelor household in those days. He'd do one every winter. He made a little money, and a lot of friends.

I note They Who Must Be Obeyed never have qualms about asking you to refinish 'their' furniture in 'your' collector car garage.

Comment

Problem solved

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

And i thought maybe I was the one who pulled off stuff like that with my ex. Of course now i have a different woman, Let me tell you about having a different woman, you change the whole decore of the house that the last woman had. I now have one like StudeDude has now white carpets. New drapes, and a new kitchen & a new bathroom. There is no end. Can't live with em cant live with out em.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Redecorate the house? Since when do you get to keep the house. My houses always went with the exs....

Jon Stalnaker
                    Editor, Hawk Talks
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I had two, but trust me when you get a divorce your cars county against you.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I knew my wife wouldn't like it, so I waited until one (rare) night when she was out to polish 200 brass tacks needed for my Bearcat's trunk.
                        It was too hot or cold out in the garage and there was something I wanted to see on TV.
                        Procedure:
                        1. Hold pointy end of tack with pliers.
                        2. Dip head in polishing compound.
                        3. Buff head with Dremmel tool. Repeat 199 times.
                        4. Try to keep dust on piece of newspaper.
                        5. Vacuum before wife gets home.

The key point...if you're doing somethig dirty/stupid indoors, leave no evidence.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I am well aware of that. That's why I didn't start collecting Studebakers till I got the correct wife. I didn't mind losing the houses but I don't think I could cope with losing the Studes...

Jon Stalnaker
                          Editor, Hawk Talks
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                          Jon Stalnaker
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Less we forget baking the finish on our exhaust manifolds (Eastwood stainless) thinking that with the house open she would never notice.........."what the heck did you do in here?" That was almost four hours after they were finished and back in the shop!

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

After putting up with me for 20-several years, mine just shakes her head, mutters something Mr. Shaw won't let me repeat, and goes on about her business. She's a keeper!

Jeff

Jeff Jones
                              Tucson Arizona
                              1947 M-5

Comment

Working...
                              X