Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash

Gave a guy a couple of Stude gas tanks a while back. He called me the other night and said that while he was digging around through some, "stuff," he found this:

He went on to say that he would like to give me the dash, because he would not be using it, and he figured I could make a neat wall hangy-thing out of it. Went to the Wichita, KS swap meet yesterday, and he handed it off to me.

It is a '22-'29 (?) model dash board. Mr. Quinn, can you help identify it?

I don't know if it has any value or not. If so, I hate to alter it. If not, I do think I can make it a neat piece... clean it up, paint it, install clock, barometer, what ever, and make the switches turn things in the shop on and off.

I'm gonna have to quit letting guys into my shop. They see things like parking meters turned into lamps, gas pumps turned into fridge/TV console, etc, and it gives them ideas... of things for me to do. [^]

DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

I can tell you that for an old hot rod, that dash is gold...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

It is from a 1925-27 Studebaker. Depending on height and width of the oval it might be a Big or Special Six or maybe Standard Six (also possible Commander or President). The empty hole on the far right was for the clock.

Richard Quinn
      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

This is just me, but I've wanted to make a Studebaker ol' school hot rod. I'd have those gauges rebuilt so they all look alike, but I'd keep the motometer to tell the engine temp. I'd just use the big hole for a tach.

Dave, if you decide to ditch the gauges, send them down...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Hey Studedude we went to Wichita Friday. I bought a 1935 Studebaker Texaco truck tanker. A little one. Seen so many Studebaker people. Some I only see once a year.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
          As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

Hey Studedude we went to Wichita Friday. I bought a 1935 Studebaker Texaco truck tanker. A little one. Seen so many Studebaker people. Some I only see once a year.
            Sorry I missed you! Great turn out. I usually see more local folks I know at that swap meet every winter than I see walking down Main Street here.

sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Heres a pic of what it looks like on the car Dave, This one is a Yellowstone Chapter members here in Montana. [8D]

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 Deluxe '59 4E3-112 Deluxe Scotsman '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
              I own time machines.....

Comment

Know what you mean about people giving you stuff, My g/f's son is single and he gets on his mom about bossing me around, so this last christmas he made this for me so she would leave me alone. Told her it was the law and she was not to break it.

He even painted it to match my Conestoga, needless to say i like this step son.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studemaker

Heres a pic of what it looks like on the car Dave,
                  Man, that's purty... not just the car, but the dash!

This is why I posted the pictures of the dash. While I can see the potential for a neat wall hanger, I really feel that such things should first be made available to those that might actually need them for a project.

I got a PM from a fellow that has a car this dash could be a part of, so it is spoken for, and will not become wall art.

Thanks for the input!

sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                  X