56-57 grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56-57 grill

I had my M in the AmVets car show today and an elderly gentleman came up to me and and asked if I was interested in a 1956 or 1957 Studebaker "hardtop coupe" grill in really good condition. He was in his 80s and said he drove Packards many years ago and the grill came with one he bought. I told him I wasn't but would post it on the Forum in case anybody else was. He is in Tucson for the winter (sunny and 74 degrees today [8D]) and in Spring Valley, MN, after April 10. The grill is in MN. That is all I know about it, but if anybody is interested, email me offsite and I will provide a phone number and address.

Jeff

Jeff Jones
    Tucson Arizona
    1947 M-5

quote:Originally posted by jjones

I had my M in the AmVets car show today and an elderly gentleman came up to me and and asked if I was interested in a 1956 or 1957 Studebaker "hardtop coupe" grill in really good condition. He was in his 80s and said he drove Packards many years ago and the grill came with one he bought. I told him I wasn't but would post it on the Forum in case anybody else was. He is in Tucson for the winter (sunny and 74 degrees today [8D]) and in Spring Valley, MN, after April 10. The grill is in MN. That is all I know about it, but if anybody is interested, email me offsite and I will provide a phone number and address.
    From the forum an earlier post by mausersmith

Comment

Sorta sounds like a Hawk grille doesn't it?

Maybe it's just me...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      sedans rule!!!
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The old fellow really didn't know what he had, just a 56 or 57 grill. I enjoyed talking to him about his Packards and how they didn't build cars like that anymore. Very well spoken and proper--and he didn't talk about selling it, just asked if I was interested in one. Might be worth looking into.

Jeff Jones
        Tucson Arizona
        1947 M-5

Comment

Working...
        X