Studebaker T-10 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker T-10 questions

What is a T-10 and bell housing worth these days? Anyone interested in such a pair?
    Sadly the cross shaft for the throw out bearing was torched off @ the side of the bell housing,as was the shift lever.All the rods and shifter are still on the tranny. It is hanging on the back of a 289 that is a 62/early 63 vintage.(Thanks Skip for the ID info) and was mentioned in the "look what I bought" posting. The whole set up or just trans and bell housing can be had.

Would that be the trans with the Ford pattern or the Chevy?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

If this one were the 1961 and early 1962 Chevy case, the main diff. would be the oddball one year bellhousing with the lower right hand Trans. mounting bolt way outboard requiring the special clutch housing with the boss for that bolt cast in all by itself way out there.
      The later ones (like it seems this one may be) with Ford pattern, bolt right up to any '58 and on V-8 standard trans. housing.

Of course another difference may be the close ratio vs wide ratio thing, one having the 2.20 low (slugish) and the other, the 2.54 (pepier) one. [^]
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OTOH, anyone going racing would want the 2.20 gearset.

FWIW, gearsets can be interchanged/swapped between the two cases. It is easy to put 2.20 gears into the later Ford/Stude case and 2.54 gears in the Chevy case.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Has a Stude T10 but no bell housing came out of a 62 GT and has the chevy bolt pattern ti does have a shifter on it but someone welded the stick

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

How many T-10s are we talking about here?

Besides,what are T-10s selling for nowadays. I would like the fun of a 4 speed but my mad-money is limited. Three speeds I have and a 3 speed stick beats a slushbox

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
            The Replacements.
            \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
            The Replacements.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

Has a Stude T10 but no bell housing came out of a 62 GT and has the chevy bolt pattern ti does have a shifter on it but someone welded the stick
              Whose Tranny are YOU talking about? [?]
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am located close to St Louis MO and looking for a Studebaker V-8 and 4 Speed set up to complete a resoration project on an old hotrod. How much do you want for the complete set up?

Matt

Comment

Working...
                X